Halloween 2019 Thread: Pics, Events, etc.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gryffindorian, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

It's that time of the year! Chilly weather, falling leaves, pumpkin spice everything, and trick-or- treating!

What costume do you plan to wear this year? As for me, I've always stuck with Harry Potter robes, a variety of Starfleet uniforms, and believe or not, clergy outfits. I managed to impress office mates with my pope attire one year, and I also looked dapper as a priest (scary! ). In 2017 my work friend and I were Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla. :lol:

Halloween Over the Years

Since I got back from my Alaska cruise in September, I've been thinking about dressing up as a cruise ship captain or an airline pilot. But the selections I find online are lacking. I may just go with a medieval monarch this time.

What say you?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't take any candy from this guy.......:devil:

[​IMG]

think and Gryffindorian like this.
  3. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought a little jack-o-lantern lantern light and it’s hanging in my bedroom. Probably won’t be doing anything besides watching Hocus Pocus a couple times before the month ends, and eating candy: I also want to see the new Addams Family movie.

Gary Mitchell and Gryffindorian like this.
  4. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given I have not yet any announcements, I suspect our company will not have a Halloween themed luncheon as we did last year. Which is a shame. The attendance was great; money was raised for destitute families and many participated in the cosplay. But I live in a smaller southern Georgia town steeped in Fundamentalist practices, so objections may have been raised after the event. (Admittedly, that is supposition on my part.)

Gryffindorian likes this.
  6. think

think About it! Premium Member

7. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just spoke with the CIO "vice president" as we both examined the "snack cabinet". As we had a corporate headquarters inclusive party last week acknowledging the company's 100th anniversary (Cajun boiled shrimp and craw-dads were served), there won't be a similarly scaled festivity later in the same month. Reasonable, but still a bit of a bummer. I had a ball dressing as Tom Baker's version of the Doctor ("Doctor Who", obviously) even if a lot of people didn't "get it". Really, the fun was discovering who did!

I didn't attend last week's "shrimp boil" as I was feeling poorly and I assumed it would be held outside in the 95+ degree heat. (It wasn't.) I also didn't know they were serving my favorite food (shrimp). However, dishes were brought for those who didn't (or couldn't) attend, so I didn't lose out.

8. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This year we and our friends are doing an Avenger theme Halloween party. All of us are going to be different avengers and we are going to do a walk thru of "the avengers warehouse" I am really looking forward to it. Lots of work but it should be cool if we can get it all worked out.

9. Gary Mitchell

10. think

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  11. Gary Mitchell

12. think

13. Gary Mitchell

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Sibyl, Kai "the spy" and think like this.
  14. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I forgot to include Costumes in the title, but yes, do post costume pictures, if any.

Gary Mitchell and think like this.
  15. Gary Mitchell

16. think

73319937_516128695873725_8830582258134941696_n.jpg
    this is the bedroom witch ... the witch from my bedroom she is atop my trombone in it's case she just waits for me to play my trombone again but alas I have lost the ambrosure for my trombone I had back in college... :(

Sibyl, Avro Arrow and Gary Mitchell like this.
  17. think

18. Gary Mitchell

19. think

73073006_1856444121166437_8022716544893059072_n.jpg

that is the weekend after Halloween :) samhain

remember that big thing to do write a blog and blogspot was like the new pet and all.. I had phased out my blogspot's in like 2006 but some kept on going like this one.. yeah

http://healthwealthwisdom.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-just-specter-of-samhain.html

I can still use my blogspots but ... I don't maybe I go there once in a blue moon but never that much anymore. --- was that a fad... Yeah I guess so.

yep.

Gryffindorian likes this.
  20. Gary Mitchell