Halloween 2011: Costume Ideas, Events, etc.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Samhain To Watch Over Me, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Samhain To Watch Over Me

Samhain To Watch Over Me Vice Admiral Admiral

So what are your plans and costume ideas this coming Halloween? This year, I'm not going to have the typical sci-fi/fantasy theme I did in the past (e.g., Harry Potter, Star Trek, etc.). I won't be Thor, Green Lantern, Captain Jack Sparrow, or a Hogwarts student. But when I saw this costume on a website, I just had to buy it! ;)

Who Are You?

Who, who, who who?

Do you really want to know?

2. Kira's Mummy

Kira's Mummy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unless I have a party to go to, I'm not bothering with a costume. I can throw on my old Medusa dress and headpiece at the last minute...

I really wanted to dress up as River Song, but no one where I live would get it. :(

3. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am going as The Fly (Vincent Price edition). I got my costume on eBay this summer, and it looks awesome. I'll be hanging out with some friends and my girlfriend, who has yet to get a costume.

[​IMG]

She likes mine though. :angel:

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blueness Premium Member

I will probably wear what I wore last year to hand out all the candy---my Dharma Initiative outfit.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

You can't go wrong with dressing up like a pony. [​IMG]

6. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I'm going to dress as a librarian for my role at our murder mystery. So excited!

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I guess I'm going in a really low rent Green Lantern costume. Green Lantern T-shirt, over long-sleeve black shirt, and a ring. I guess the nice thing about Green Lanterns is that the uniforms come in all styles so I can just say I'm not Hal, or Kyle, or Guy, or anyone else. I'm Lantern OdoWan from the planet Nerdius, or something.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I am probably taking Halloween day off of work just so I can avoid having to dress up. I love Halloween, but I will likely celebrate it on Saturday the 29th, and once I do that, I won't want to do it again.

9. Nurse Marmalade

Nurse Marmalade Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hmm... Halloween falls on a Monday this year, so I dunno if I can hang out with friends because I have work the very next morning. Not sure about any weekend get-togethers...if I'm feeling especially lazy, I'll probably reprise my role as Evil Spock (which I did a few years back). :P

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Spot's Meow Premium Member

I'll probably be going to a Halloween party for the first time in quite a while this year. I haven't worn a costume since I was a teenager, and I'm not sure how into it these friends will be getting, so I don't really know what to do...I also can't afford anything. So I guess I will go as a broke umemployed person in my ripped jeans and stained shirt and say I am a Recession Victim. :lol:

12. Samhain To Watch Over Me

Samhain To Watch Over Me Vice Admiral Admiral

How cute. :)

13. Omae Wa Mu Roshindeiru

Omae Wa Mu Roshindeiru Admiral Admiral

I beg to differ...

14. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

We have a couple of party options, so if they play out, I'll just use what I have laying around dress up in my wildland firefighting gear... I used to go out wearing my rugby kit, using some storebought scar and wound make up, but that got old after a few years. LOL...

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Toyed with getting a Dashie haircut, but its too much work really. And I could't afford those cosplay outfits lol.

16. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ If it weren't COMPLETELY forbidden, I'd be dressing up like Smokey Bear every year... I have the costume right here in my office... Imagine the fun I could have. HAHAHAHA

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I have only dressed up for Halloween a few times in the past...when I was a kid I only went trick or treating twice...I was a vampire one time and I don't even think I dressed up the second time :( ...as an adult I dressed up for a few work parties...I was The Punisher, a Zombie and one of the guys from the movie Dead Presidents.

18. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it really sucks when that happens. One year i went as The Log Lady and no one knew who i "was". :(

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blueness Premium Member

Careful. Your coworkers will think you're a Furry. :lol:

20. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Maybe I'll be a Greek God. Aside from dying my hair, I won't a costume.