Good Theme Marathons

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Mojochi, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So what are some episodes you think might make for a good themed marathon evening of TNG? There's the obvious choices, like a Q night, especially if you make it Q mischief, like Hide & Q, Deja Q, Tapestry, & All Good Things... or you could have a spook-athon with Genesis, Schisms, Night Terrors, & maybe Phantasms.

A group I come back to now & again are what I call the getting to know you episodes, Data's Day, Lower Decks, Hollow Pursuits, & Lessons. Nothing unusual going on here, just crew members living their lives together aboard ship, their relations & dealings with one another, etc... Television comfort food at it's best.

2. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

Family - Family, Homeward, Inheritance, Brothers, The Icarus Factor, New Ground, Legacy
    Time travel/alternate universes - Time Squared, Yesterday's Enterprise, Parallels, Cause and Effect, Timescape, All Good Things
    Those characters/that storyline was almost/kinda part of another series - Ensign Ro, The First Duty, Journey's End, The Price, The Wounded, The Emissary ;)
    Borg - self explanatory
    TOS people - Encounter at Farpoint, Sarek, Unification, Relics, Generations.
    Barclay episodes

Mojochi likes this.
  3. Mojochi

Ooo, I've never done a TOS players marathon. Nice one. I might actually toss Symbiosis into that mix, because of Merritt Butrick & Judson Scott from TWoK coming back, even though they're playing different characters :bolian:

4. gakelly

gakelly Commander Red Shirt

Riker gets lucky night.
    Angel One, 11001001,Up the Long Ladder, The Vengeance Factor, Menage a Troi, First Contact, Matter of Perspective, The Host, The Game, Conundrum, The Outcast, True Q, Second Chances

5. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I actually did just that a couple years ago, when I wanted to get more familiar with the show without binging the whole thing. My personal TNG binge list:
    • Alternate timeline/universe episodes: "Yesterday's Enterprise," "Parallels," "Future Imperfect," "Tapestry," "All Good Things," "Firstborn," etc.
    • LARPing episodes: Any episode where the holodeck, time travel or Q forces our heroes to dress in period costumes and solve mysteries in Victorian England, or frolic around Sherwood Forest in tights.
    • Borg Episodes: Self explanatory
    • Q Episodes: Again, self explanatory
    • Unintentional Comedies/MST3K Material: "Code of Honor," "Sub Rosa," "The Naked Now," "Justice"
    • Minor Characters: I binged all the Ro Laran episodes, all the Barclay episodes, the few episodes that seemed to feature Tasha Yar or one of her evil relatives heavily, and that episode "the Lower Decks."

Mojochi likes this.
  6. Mojochi

I'm not sure I could make it through that marathon :alienblush:

WarpTenLizard likes this.