Giving One Piece a chance

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Sephiroth, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I was seriously soured by the 4kids edit, but I have a friend saying it isn't that bad, ut I just don't know, so yea or nay, is it worth getting the first few manga?

2. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I'd say the manga is superior to the anime, and around volume ten or so it just hits the gas and hasn't stopped so far at volume 47! I've honestly never seen any other manga still be this fun, entertaining and just full of imagination when this far along.

The anime is bound to be better without the 4kids edit, but the manga's where it's at. My av is from it.

3. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

That's an understatement, One Piece is fantastic, without the doubt the best shounen manga I'v ever read, it's beat's the shit out of stuff like Naruto and Bleach.

However, the first few volumes were kinda slow, I almost stopped reading it. While it wasn't bad, it really didn't grab me until the Arlong arc, other series introduce their characters quicker, One Piece takes its time to tell the story. But the most important part, Oda never forgets what series he's writing, after 560 chapters One Piece is the the same funny, action packed, quirky series it was when it started.

This pretty much sums up why One Piece rules:

[​IMG]

4. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^Love the Naruto one. :lol:

And it's so true. Everything revolves around "poor emo Sasuke" now. I frakking hate that character and I hate even more that I'm supposed feel sorry for this prick

@Topic
    I heart OP. Always have, always will.

5. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I would rather scratch my eyes out with a rusty spoon. I don't know what it is about this show that pisses me off so much, I usually like anime.

6. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

That's a great pic :lol: And it even has Brukk in it :D And yeah Oda is fantastic, he's kept the pace for 12 years now. You gotta admire that.