George Takei ... JEDI-KNIGHT?!?!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Danger Ace, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

George Takei announced via Facebook that he has signed on to take part in JJ Abrams new Star Wars film. He will portay a member of the Jedi Council.

Quoted below:

"Friends, I am thrilled to announce that I'll be starring in the Star Wars reboot directed by JJ Abrams. I'll be playing Master Ceti Maru, a member of the Jedi High Council. The new film, entitled "Star Wars: Galactic Empire," is greenlit and will begin filming sometime early next year. It is truly a moment for The Star Alliance. Thanks to all my fans for their decades of support."

Of course its not a "reboot" but still ... good news?

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

This was an April Fool's gag.

3. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

Dang it! Really? I guess due to traffic congestion it just popped up on my page today (April 5). I got zinged then, no doubt about it. :lol:

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

You know, though - April Fool's joke or not - he does look pretty good in the photo above. I think it would work for me.

5. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was thinking it would be a good idea.....

6. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I would love to see a major Trek actor play a role in a Star Wars movie. George would be a good choice!

7. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

The funny thing is that William Shatner had the same April's Fool joke on his Facebook page!

8. EnsignRedshirt

EnsignRedshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Last year he claimed they were making a "Captain Sulu" movie. George likes his April Fool's.