Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I'd be OK with just Seven.......

Longinus, Blamo, Crewman6 and 3 others like this.
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pedophilia warrants are tough to shake. Best to come to the Federation who doesn’t have an extradition treaty with New Talax. :shifty:

3. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Okay..this is just me speculating..but I´d love to hear what you guys think:

- Nemesis: Data is destroyed..
    .. in the aftermath of the whole thing, small parts of Datas brain are found and brought to the Daystrom Institute...
    ... where Bruce Maddox spends most of the following two decades researching androids but primarily trying to find a way to bring Data back
    ... as he´s close to beeing succesfull the Synth Attack on Mars happens, Android research is banned and Maddox decides to hide

--- meanwhile what ever´s left of the TalShiar had been researching into the Borg with the goal of augumenting themselves with borg-tech and / or creating their own borg for a while, when Maddox happens to come in contact with them. Using parts of borg technology he creates the two twins as "test beds" for his ultimate plan of first resurrecting Data and possibly redeeming all Androids.

Danja likes this.
  4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, not Nero but I think the Picard prequel comic hints are the synths being used by Tal’shiar, it just regular old Romulans to destroy the rescue fleet at Mars. Some Romulans believe it’s federation trick.

5. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Speaking of Berman-era cameos, if they as much as had an FNN newscast go on in the background, casually namedropping Garak as the leader of the Cardassian Union or something like that, I would be happy forever.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "Head of the Cardassian Detapa Council Garak said in a statement released earlier this week that the current situation along the former Romulan border remains of great interest to the Cardassian Union."

7. BillJ

This is the FOX News age...

"Cardassian leader Garak eating orphaned Romulan children?! Why our viewers think so, next!"

8. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All of my yes.

Crewman6 and cooleddie74 like this.
  9. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

They should have a C-SPAN style three-hour special connected to Picard with the Romulan Senate arguing about legislation, evacuation plans, and hearings about what should be prioritized for evacuation. The climax will be the voting on proposals. We'll see a counter on the screen toward the end.

Zero camera movement. The entire thing cuts between two robotic cameras that look like they were mounted on opposite walls of the Romulan Senate. If some people complain about too much camera movement in DSC and PIC, this will be the opposite of that. We'll make it look like public access television. ;)

I poke fun at it only because I work in it. But seriously, I love the sweeping cinematography in new Star Trek. I want them to do all the things in Picard and Discovery that I can't.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  10. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

There’s always a way. Never say never.

Danja likes this.
  11. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

FYFY.

;)

12. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

What's up with the guest reviews at et-astris-scientia.org?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/episodes/pic1g.htm

Worst review, i ever read. Actually not a real review but simply an uninformative rant with wrong facts.

By the way, the guy didn't even got his annotations right. Romulans don't have acidic blood, but the one spitting at Dahj simply bit on something like a suicide pill which released acid or something with a similar effect which even began to destroy his own body :alienblush:

Never read such an uninformed and senseless drivel like that on this page :brickwall:

Turtletrekker likes this.
  13. BillJ

That's why I keep my Trek interests to this site. Yeah, we're crazy. But most of us aren't stupid crazy.

14. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

The guy who runs the site is unhinged, and has been so for a long time - it just didn't show as much as it does now. I lost my patience with him years ago when he went on a homophobic rant about slash fan fic. (It's fine to dislike it, I get it's not everyone's cup of tea, but to call people who write it all sorts of names is NOT fine.) As far as I know he loathed DSC as well. It really doesn't surprise me to see him/his minions ranting about PIC now also. He used to have a great site going there, with rare pics and whatnot, but he permanently lost me as a "customer" years ago. Anything that doesn't fit into HIS idea of what Star Trek should be is immediately evil, bad, worthless, etc etc.

15. Unimatrix Q

Yeah, you can see his biases also by seeing how he rated FC with a 10, despite all the retcons and aesthetical changes. Things he constantly rants about and criticizes Discovery and Picard for...

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Well. Just a minority in any case. ;)

lurok and BillJ like this.
  17. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

Does it become available at midnight on amazon prime?

My husband and I want to stay up and watch episode 2 tonight. We are in the U.K.

18. Unimatrix Q

I'm from Germany. We got "Remembrance" exactly at midnight last week at Prime. Don't know if it's the same in the UK but i think so. In any case the time of the release of the new episode be the same with "Maps and Legends" this week as it was with the previous episode. At least i think so.

Was actually staying up for watching the episode then too and might do so again today :beer:

KennyB and Anika Hanson like this.
  19. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Greetings from Esslingen am Neckar! I think it will be worth you staying up! Strong coffee tomorrow. :techman:

Danja and Unimatrix Q like this.
  20. Lynn Minmay

Lynn Minmay Fleet Captain Fleet Captain