Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    'Cause everyone's experience is exactly the same.

Lord Garth likes this.
  2. Succubint

Succubint Captain Captain

For me, Raffi's rant seemed a way for her to imply that he'd had something productive and familiar to return to. Whereas she hadn't. She'd burned too many bridges. She hadn't had a family or home to go back to. As we later find out in the Free Cloud episode.

Probably not a fair assessment, since she was a big girl and made her own bad decisions, but she was still pissed at him for giving up and essentially abandoning her. Retreating to his chateau. Not bothering to check up on her for 14 years. No wonder she threw a few barbs at him.

3. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It depends on your definition of human, I guess. I agree that Seven's behaviour - speech patterns, body language - are deliberately as "human" as possible - the actor said as much. But revenge, hatred are very human emotions and behaviour. Just not the desirable human traits we strive for. It's why we needed laws in the first place.

AlanC9 and Yistaan like this.
  4. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

47 - of course XD

5. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Vice Admiral Admiral

She became a drunken, paranoid junkie

Of course her life wasn't going to turn out exactly how she wanted.

Tough titties m, that's on her poor life choices not a "dystopian " federation.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Yes, its not good blaming everyone else.

She made her own poor choices and there are consequences for that.

It is no one else's fault but her own and she needs to accept responsibility for that or she will never learn.

KirkusOveractus and fireproof78 like this.
  7. Nenya

Nenya Commander Red Shirt

It's probably not a revolutionary theory but I believe that Dr. Jurati is a synth. I recall seeing a promotional photo of her in the same type of jumpsuit that Soji wears on the Borg cube. She was "activated" when she killed that Romulan in Picards winery. I haven't seen the latest episode but I know she kills Maddox. I bet they will get to the cube and find another Jurati. This is just like BSG. Some other wild thoughts: these synths are created in pairs, Daj/Soji, Anges/whomever, Data/Lore. I have a feeling the Romulans came across the group of Borg led by Lore. They found Lore's body and created B-4 from it. It's the Picard and Data show after all. I bet the people in charge of this show will just ignore Dr. Tanner.

Gonzo likes this.
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Its been posited a few times now, it is certainly not impossible that she is a synth although Maddox reaction to her makes me think that she is not, he certainly didn't act as though she is but he may not be the only one creating them, it is also very unlikely that a synth would kill Maddox, her memories with him could be implanted but I think they are too specific for that.

Once you open Pandora's box its very hard to truly close it again.

At this point literally anyone could be synths with the exception of Elnor who we saw as a kid and Picard himself.

It is all very BSG with the potential for a bit of B5 thrown in for good measure.

There is a very good chance we could see more Synth sets beyond just Dahj and Soji.

Quinton and Nenya like this.
  9. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

Your mentioning it here always makes me wonder: how did she get the rifle to shoot the Romulan? She walked in after he was in there.

Gonzo likes this.
  10. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

While I like your theory, the Romulans did not build B4. Soong did.

SolarisOne and Paul Weaver like this.
  11. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Yes that was suspicious as hell as well, as I and many others immediately pointed out at the time.

That was the first indication that something was not quite right with Jurati.

KirkusOveractus likes this.
  12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. KirkusOveractus

Thank you! I didn't go back to see if anyone pointed that out in other posts. It was just weird in that there was no sign of any weapons flying out of the room, much less that doorway, and I doubt an elite force would have dropped a rifle storming Chateau Picard!

Gonzo likes this.
  14. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

It immediately waved a big red flag over Jurati to go alongside the earlier one where she stated that current technology was 1000 years away from a flesh and blood synth, I called bullshit on that straight away.

She was probably given the disruptor by the Romulan troops and then decided it would help her cover by shooting one of them in the back and feigning horror over the lack of a stun setting.

Or alternatively she was supposed to help them kill everyone in the Chateau but she had her own game plan in mind and didn't want Picard harmed.

It looks like Jurati could have been Zhat Vash all along but its also possible she is working for someone else, its not certain that the Commodore is Zhat Vash at this point although she clearly knows that Rizzo is just as she knew she was Romulan.

If Jurati is in league with Zhat Vash why didn't she ask Maddox about the location of the Nest as it seems to be the one piece of information the Commodore wants more than anything else.

For all we know she could be a synth programmed to protect the others, killing Maddox is one sure fire way of keeping the location of the Nest secret as she knows he didn't tell Picard and now he never will.

What information passed between Jurati and the Commodore, was Jurati recruited on the spot by being told the big secret or was she reactivated after a period of inaction, waiting at the institute for her next orders after triggering the attack on Mars.

What are you up to Jurati, who do you work for and are you even human at all.

15. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

All evidence points to Jurati working for Oh.

KirkusOveractus and Gonzo like this.
  16. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

At the moment yes but is Oh a member of Zhat Vash or the Cabal.

What did Oh tell Jurati, was it the big truth or has Jurati been a spy all along, I fancy her for the attack on Mars as she was perfectly placed to carry it out.

17. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which brings the question if Oh can just mindmeld anyone she wants into Zhat Vash fanatics, why didn't she invite Picard to her office and mind**** him so hard he'll kill Soji once he finds her. Or maybe she did and Picard doesn't remember? What really happened to Picard between Dahj's death and finding himself home?

Turtletrekker, SolarisOne and Gonzo like this.
  18. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

She may have just activated Jurati, restoring the memory of her part in the Mars attack, it would explain her atonement comment, otherwise it would mean the secret is so big it can literally make someone like Jurati a zealot out of nowhere.

We don't know how much of a delay there was before official security responded or how far up the conspiracy goes.

19. KirkusOveractus

Could Jurati be acting on her own, going on her own agenda, driven by anger and hatred for Starfleet stopping the AI research that she and Maddox were doing?

This was her life's work, only to see it shut down completely by some form of hacking into the AI command network. Instead of allowing the AI are to continue research (as well as try to ascertain what happened on Mars), they close it up completely, forcing all those people out of their careers, Maddox into exile and Jurati stranded on Earth with nothing to do beyond sit at a desk or look at pieces of B4 in a drawer.

SolarisOne and Gonzo like this.
  20. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

It would be possible but Jurati killing Maddox pretty much removes it as an option.

She clearly feels guilty about something she did in the past (Mars maybe) and something she was about to do (probably killing Maddox).

There are a few possibilities from what I have seen so far:

1. She works for Oh and has done since the start playing Maddox all the way, possibly behind the attack on Mars as well.
    2. She was normal until the Commodore showed her the secret which was enough to make her whack Maddox who she seemed to love at least for a while.
    3. She is a synth created by Maddox to protect the others, would explain why she killed Maddox in an attempt to protect them.
    4. She is a synth created earlier by another organisation who feel that their secret is being threatened by Maddox and his synths, possibly to do with whatever it is that the Zhat Vash are afraid of.
    5. Something else we haven't even been shown yet.

Right now for me its 1 or 2, with one being at the top for obvious reasons.