Game of Thrones Wiki / Web-sites (No Spoilers Past Last Aired Episode)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ro_Laren, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

*** No spoilers past the last aired episode****

Are there any wiki-like websites for Game of Thrones that don't have spoilers? That is, I want to find a web-site the only mentions stuff aired on HBO vs. one that is focused as the info as read in the books. I heard that the TV version of GoT sometimes slightly mixes the timeline / stories around and I'm afraid to read a spoiler!! After watching the most recent episode, The Watchers and the Wall, I wanted to read a bio entry of Jon Snow, but was afraid to find a spoiler filled bio!

BTW, I realize that I can just go to HBO's web-site, but I never found TV channel web-sites that informative.

2. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Game of Thrones Wiki / Web-sites (No Spoilers Past Last Aired Epis

Well there is the Game of Thrones Wiki. The main articles oly have the info from the show, and sometimes from the History and Lore DVD extra videos (some background on families, history etc.). They do have book info, but only in the section "In the books", and this section only contains the info from the part of the storyline equivalent for what has already aired on the show, with a link to the A Song of Ice and Fire wiki articles where one can read all the books info including the spoilers. I would still advise against reading the "in the books" section. Here's their Jon Snow article. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Snow

As for websites, there's http://winteriscoming.net/ They have lots of news and reviews for both the book readers ("Sullied") and non-book readers ("Unsullied"), and a strict spoiler policy - spoilers have to be hidden, they always tag articls and pieces of news that are spoilery, and there are separate posts and reviews for and by the Unsullied where the Sullied aren't allowed to post, at least nothing vaguely spoilery. It's best to keep to the Unsullied posts and steer away from casting news etc., stuff that invites speculation from book readers. Of course, you never know when someone will post something spoilery anyway in the comments, but the admins delete their posts pretty much immediately.

3. Ro_Laren

Thanks so much! I'll have to check it out. :techman: HBO's bio of Jon Snow had like 4 lines, lol!

4. Ro_Laren

Man, I wish I would have known about this website before Season 4 began. Yesterday, I was reading through bios about various characters and was reminded about so much!