Future Tense timeship

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Listerlad, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Listerlad

Listerlad Ensign Newbie

I'm rewatching Enterprise, just finished 'Future Tense'. I'm taken with the similarities between it and a TARDIS. Did the production team deliberately make it dimensionally transcendental?

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, I'm sure that's where they got their inspiration from.

3. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Wasn't there talk of an ENT/Doctor Who crossover at one time? Or is that just internet BS hype?

Trek fits pretty well into Doctor Who's world, since The Doctor has visited so many generic Trekish future ships the NX-01 would have fitted just fine. Fitting Who into the Trekverse, on the other hand...

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Vice Admiral Admiral

RTD said he would have liked to have done a crossover, but I don't think it got any further then a wish.

5. Listerlad

Listerlad Ensign Newbie

In my opinion it would have been fun to have the TARDIS dematerialise sound playing when the timeship disappeared.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a fanfic floating around out there somewhere called The Doctor And The Enterprise, in which the Fourth Doctor turns up on the ship. IIRC, it involves the Enterprise crossing over to the Doctor's universe and being attacked by Sontarans.

The Warlord likes this.
  7. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Nah, the pilot of the ENT timeship knew how to turn the parking break off;)

USS Triumphant and Tim Thomason like this.
  8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

Writer Mike Sussman is a Doctor Who fan and has admitted the ship in Future Tense is inspired by the TARDIS.
    RTD wanted to do one but abandoned the idea due to Enterprise's cancellation. It was going to involved the Doctor being unable to trust Starfleet, an obviously military outfit claiming to be peaceful explorers. RTD even considered keeping the idea around using an organization similar to but legally distinct from Starfleet, but ultimately didn't.

9. XCV330

XCV330 Commodore Fleet Captain

Would have made a better Torchwood crossover, except with Torchwood's attrition rate, everyone in Starfleet would have died by the second episode.