Free Star Trek and other Paper models.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by KirkTrekModeler, Aug 29, 2007.

1. KirkTrekModeler

KirkTrekModeler Commander

Since there is so much interest in the TOS Bridge model. I thought I would point people toward even more Trek models.

At J. Leslie's site there are a great many Trek and other Sci-Fi, as well as real space models.

I resized Ron Caudillo's Paper Enterprise to make my basic templates for the 1/350th Build-up.

Anyway, check em out.

http://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_scifi.html

2. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Impressive stuff!

3. KirkTrekModeler

Yes, I think so too. Some of these models make great study models for other projects and stand up themselves as decent representations of the various ships represented.

4. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

I've been to the site before. Last weekend I was really bored, and managed to find enough Trek card models to bring me to a total of 50 some card models.

5. KirkTrekModeler

50?!? How many have you built? I've built several, but usually give them to the neighbor kids. I'm trying to turn them into trekkies.

6. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

I've built the refit Enterprise, Reliant, Stargazer, NX-01 Shuttlepod, Travel Pod, and Vulcan Shuttle. And have started on the Excelsior, NX-01, Bird of Prey, and the Workbee.

What I am doing though, with the Reliant, Enterprise (original, refit, A, B, C, D, E, and J), Excelsior, Stargazer, Defiant, Voyager, Grissom, Equinox, and any other ship (except shuttle craft, pods, runabouts, Delta Flyer, etc) is reformatting them to the same scale. I've alread finished with the refit Enterprise and Reliant. They are about the same scale\size as the ERTL models. The original size of those two were about 6 inches long. It's really helpful that almost all of the models I've found online are PDF's. I'll measure the saucer or another easily measurable part, lookup the dimensions for that part. Then determine the size that part needs to be to be resize it to be the same scale as the Enterprise\Reliant models. But with a lot of the parts, I need to cut them up to fit on one piece of paper. So where the saucer for the Enterprise and Reliant fit on one piece of paper with most of the other parts of the ship, the saucer is split into two pieces on two sheets of paper.

I've already resized the Excelsior, NCC 1701-B, Stargazer, Bird of Prey, and Grissom.

7. KirkTrekModeler

^^^ Outstanding! Please show us some of your work. You know I've often thought that if some of the CG guys would work with the paper model guys, we could have some of the coolest paper models on the planet. I went into Ron's Bridge and started changing some of the graphics, using scenes from screen-caps etc and it really started looking good. Unfortunately that was one conputer crash ago. I may try it again, but not right now. Another thing that got me thinking was some of the video game modders.... If they would work with the paper craft guys, We could have some decent models of sets and scenes.....

Keep on Trekkin and please show some of your work.

KTM

8. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

^ I'll do that, but it takes me a while to finish models because of work and other stuff that give me little free time. But I'll post some of them when I get time. The ones I've finished except for the smaller vessels (shuttle craft size) are the smaller scale ones.

Actually you can see part of one here. To the right of Chihuahua, it's the Enterprise.
    [​IMG]

9. KirkTrekModeler

OK, I can see the wild alien beast, but I can just make out the Enterprise. Did it crash land on the "Land of the Gaints"?

10. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Lieutenant Red Shirt

11. KirkTrekModeler

WHOOT! Thanks. I'm sure there are a few I don't have. Are they ever going to get the bugs worked out? It's still a bit twitchy.

12. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

I used that link too, I only found about 1/2 of what I've downloaded from that site.

13. KirkTrekModeler

I really wish there was a database of these things. I'm sure there are a bunch that I don't have.

14. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm having a grand old time putting together the 1/25 scale bridge. :D

15. KirkTrekModeler

Really? That's great, glad to hear it, Ron did a great job on that. How's it coming so far, where are you, did it print OK?

16. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Captain April, where did you get the output printed? I'd like to get started too but wonder where to go to get the card stock printed. Kinkos?

17. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

I use my ink jet printer at home. And you can buy the card stock at Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, etc.

18. Captain Robert April

I'm just using plain old white paper.

Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

19. KirkTrekModeler

How's that going? Got any pictures?

20. Captain Robert April

Digital camera doesn't work, and it's a piece of crap anyway.

Anyhoo, I've gotten the upper and lower decks, helm and nav console, command chair, turbolift doors, and main viewscreen put together, along with the lower support structure. Just need to do the stations and the outer shell.

Next, I think I might do the Klingon disruptor pistol.... :evil: