Fox's Fall 2017 schedule

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, May 15, 2017.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

http://tvline.com/2017/05/15/fox-fall-lineup-2017-the-x-files

Joining New Girl at midseason is the previously announced return of The X-Files as well as new series THE RESIDENT, 9-1-1 and LA TO VEGAS.

The gifted trailer

promotional photos for The Orville

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/the-orville-episode-101-pilot.html

Ghosted trailer

LA to Vegas trailer

The Orville trailer

The Resident trailer

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. All those shows will be on nine hundred years from now? Will TV even exist nine hundred years from now?

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, in mydefense that 9 is right next to the zero on the keyboard. Could a mod change it please?

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, there's that one weird-ass movie called 100 Years that won't be seen FOR another hundred years, so I guess anything's possible. :lol:

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Perhaps the OP hitched a ride with The Doctor. ;) If so what are next weeks Lotto numbers? ;)

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

If Hell's Kitchen is on in 2917, has Gordon Ramsay been replaced by a robot programmed to only talk in cuss-filled insults, or has he transitioned into some sort of immortal cyborg?

7. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it weren't for Lethal Weapon, my dial would never land on FOX.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Sunday is for cable so who cares ;)

As for Monday, while lead in shows boosting the following show may be less important to some, I still think it plays a big part. I cannot understand why FOX thinks putting Lucifer (a low rated 3rd season show come the fall) before a brand new show like The Gifted will work. I would of put The Orville and The Gifted together on Monday nights.

Tuesday looks like it could be a decent night for FOX though and the Lethal Weapon audience could mix well with the comedies but I really question why FOX brought back The Mick instead of trying something new. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the ageing show so correct call to put it on last.

Wednesday could be their biggest night if Empire can stop its heavy erosion, maybe I would of swapped the two shows around.

Thank god FOX doesn't care about Gotham'd ratings thanks mainly due to Netflix because in-between Thursday Night Football and then TBBT, it going to get hammered. This means IMO that The Orville at 9pm is DOA and will be the first cancellation for FOX next season.

Does anyone know yet why FOX brought back The Exorcist? though at least the name goes well with Hells Kitchen :lol:

9. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Done - I don't read every thread, so you're always better off tagging me in the thread for stuff like this ;)

10. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Because the Exorcist was relatively cheap to produce and it got decent ratings for a Friday night show.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Can't speak for cost but even for Friday Nights, the ratings were awful. The show never cracked a demo above 0.9 and was virtually always at the 0.6-0.7 level + only 1 episode got over 2 million viewers (The pilot). Even for Friday Nights, those numbers are pathetic.

It must be very cheap to produce in that case.

12. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Exorcist averaged 1.9 million total viewers and a 0.7 rating for Fox on Friday nights. That equaled or bested Rosewood, Sleepy Hollow and Scream Queens, other non-reality shows Fox had on Fridays.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

They have all been cancelled too and Rosewood's viewer totals much higher than Exorcist's though the demo was about the same. Both are in house production shows from what I gather and Rosewood was just over 50% of the way to a decent rerun package, meanwhile this show is on 10 episodes. The pilot inflates the 1.9 million & 0.7 demo numbers, the show quickly loss a sizable portion of an already small audience. I would love to know their reasons for a pickup? that's all. I wonder if they have a deal with Hulu, Amazon or Netflix for the show?.

Just struck me as odd that's all, I have nothing against the show.

Just saw the trailer for THE ORVILLE and it was pretty funny. Reminded me of Galaxy Quest ;)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  14. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Are you sure this hasn't happened already?

I'm glad that The Exorcist is returning, as it was one of my favorite new shows last season. I couldn't even tell you why, nothing about the show seems like it would appeal to me, but it was genuinely entertaining and was usually the first thing I would pick to watch on my DVR.

15. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So has "Scream Queens" been cancelled? I loved that show.

Jason

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Also Rosewood is a crap cop show and those sell like Molly at a college party, I find it very odd also.

Jax likes this.
  17. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Orville could be funny, but I don't trust it in the hands of Seth MacFarlane. I just know it will be filled with gags that will either be political, toilet or just pushing the envelope too far in the name of comedy.

bigdaddy likes this.
  18. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. Season 2 was a ratings disaster.

bigdaddy likes this.
  19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

tbf so was season 1 :lol:

20. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

The Orville trailer looks terrible