First (Real?) Regeneration Episode Spoiler

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Apr 28, 2017.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eddie's Diner in Cardif Bay AKA Clara's TARDIS will be closed for two days filming on an unnamed BBC television series in July.

Hooray?

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I had a nice hot fudge sundae there once. Maybe they're just treating the crew? ;)

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Well, looks like a certain someone might be coming back for a Christmas special.
    I don't mind. Well. Maybe I do. As I type this... We had Rose come back for Ten, Amy come back for Eleven. I guess Clara has to come back for Twelve?

Meh.

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

If this implies what I think it implies, then I'm not surprised. I pretty much knew as far back as when Hell Bent aired that Clara would be back for Capaldi's finale. Combine that with the fact we now know Capaldi's finale will also be Moffat's and yeah, it's even less surprising. I just hope there's no monologues.

Emperor-Tiberius likes this.
  5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like Clara! So, yay!

And, although I don't need to see a spin-off, I'm sure that Clara and Me could have had interesting adventures.

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't like Clara, but I'll be fine with her showing up as long as its not too big a appearance. Like Professor Zoom pointed out, The Doctor has had his original companion show up in some form at his regeneration for all the NuWho doctors so far, so it makes sense that Clara would show up, especially since it would be fairly easy for her to appear story wise.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, this is pretty much why I don't mind. I'm not excited by the prospect (largely because "Hell Bent" was so godawful), but I don't mind it. I liked Clara during The Eleventh Doctor era but after that she was poorly utilized. Danny Pink didn't help any with that general distaste.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

This disappointing thing about this news, IMO is that, IIRC with it already announced somewhere that Pearl Mackie isn't returning for the regeneration episode, and seeing how well the Doctor and Bill work together in just two episodes, to go back to Clara for the finale is total blah.

Of course, it is possible she is just there for a cameo. Certainly only spending two days filming at the diner seems to imply that won't be a major component to the episode at least.

9. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

I was a real sucker for Clara. Even at her worst, I enjoyed having her around. Having her at the regeneration is fitting given the arcs she had with the Doctor. It would almost be wrong for her not to be there when Smith got to see Amy that last time, and Tennant got to see Rose. Those scenes were so beautiful. I don't think it would be fair for Capaldi and Clara not to have that final moment together. However, 2 days of filming leads me to think it'll be more than just a beautiful cameo, which I'm less excited about, but we'll just have to see.

10. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course if she is back, two days shooting at that location doesn't mean she'd only be shooting for two days.

And as for Pearl Mackie, it'll be a massive shame if she basically gets treated as the Temp who filled in while Jenna was off being Queen but I suspect Heather will be rescued in Episode 12 so she can be shuffled offstage.

11. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone else get this sense that Moffat kinda intended for Capaldi and Mackie to stay for Chibnall, despite him leaving, but not working out because Chibnall and the BBC probably didn't want a holdover companion and probably because of Capaldi leaving?

Starkers likes this.
  12. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

That may have been the intention, but plans don't always work out. Situations change.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yay more Clara!

*steps off building*

The Wormhole likes this.
  14. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

15. Draculasaurus

Draculasaurus Commander Red Shirt

Maybe The Mistress kills them and takes their TARDIS.

Pindar and F. King Daniel like this.
  16. Mr Awe

I like Clara. If she's back, I'll be happy. I do hope Bill is the primary companion for the regeneration though. That wouldn't be right if she wasn't there.

17. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I do not expect Bill in the Christmas Special. Or, for that matter, Nardole.

18. Mr Awe

Well, we don't quite know all the details surrounding the regeneration. But, it doesn't seem good for them being there for it.

19. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So if Clara does indeed return in her diner-TARDIS, I wonder if her companion Ashildr will still be with her -- or will Maisie be tied up with Game of Thrones at the time of filming?

20. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Bring back Clara?

If it's to kill her - suddenly... horrifically... then yes. By all means, bring her back.

werdegast likes this.