FINAL POLL - December Challenge: The Perfect Trek Gift!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ptrope, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

''Every good and perfect gift comes from above.'' - James 1:17

And that's not James T. Kirk, but in light of Klaus's challenge for December, the ''perfect gift'' in a Trek sense, it very well could have been the stalwart captain of Enterprise.

Once again, quite a variety of interpretations - I will add here that I scoured the forum, against the usual practice, because I know that we had some members who posted threads and seemed pretty assured that they were intending to enter the challenge, so, folks, you made it in! If you had changed your mind, you might be pleasantly surprised, and if you enter again next month, don't forget that you really should e-mail your entries to me, rather than just letting me scour the forum ;). But, hey, I'm still full of the Christmas spirit (hic!).

But, hey, enough about whether FedEx made the deliveries - let's unwrap the presents and see what Christmas means to our fellow elves! And because 'tis the season, you can unwrap two :D.

[​IMG]
    BoxWhatBox

[​IMG]
    Fire

[​IMG]
    Kail

[​IMG]
    Klaus

[​IMG]
    Ptrope

[​IMG]
    Starscape

[​IMG]
    Terrorfex

---------
    Gallery
    ---------
    Poll closes 1/5/2008, 12:00 AM BBS time (GMT)
    ---------
    [​IMG]

2. Flux Capacitor

Flux Capacitor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kail and Klaus got my votes :)

3. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Klaus and BoxWhatBox for me - the former for the beauty of the artwork, the latter for the sheer audacity of a shuttlepod in the driveway :D.

4. Redfern

Redfern Commodore Commodore

Klaus: because if we fans are gonna' dream, we might as well dream BIG!

Ptrope: because he did what I would have done (except I would have depicted M'Ress wearing a bow, just a bow (and maybe a mouse eatin' grin). :drool:

Sincerely,

Bill

5. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

BoxWhatBox and Ptrope for me, for envisioning the gifts I'd like to get myself... :lol:

...and while I admit the chances of the movie actually winning Best Picture are pretty slim, I'd also argue that if I'd told you c. 1995 that a movie based on LotR was going to win it you'd have [rightfully lol] stamped me "fanboy" and giggled helplessly... :D
    [​IMG]

6. Magic04

Magic04 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Klaus and Ptrope for me as well. These are two gifts I wouldn't mind receiving myself also. ;)

Great work everyone!

7. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

This time around my pointy stick landed on Klaus and Terrorfex. Actually, that sounded too random, I voted with care. Nice entries from everyone this month. :)

8. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

Klaus!

To me, the concept of Star Trek taking an Oscar for Best Picture is nearly impossible to beat.

9. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

Klaus and Starscape

10. Starscape

Starscape Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Klaus and BoxWhatBox.

11. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Congratulations to Klaus on his second straight win! The voting period is over, and we have a clear majority, although we also saw a good distribution amongst our other challengers, so, again, kudos all!

Klaus, you've done this before (just last month, in fact!), so you know the drill! Our artistic fates are in your hands for yet another month, the first of the new year, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to your challenge. We know you've had some thoughts playing about in your head, but, who knows, you might surprise us all ;).

Congrats and thanks to all for participating, and for voting - it's always good to be an active part of the events and creativity on this forum. Happy New Year, and let the games begin anew!

12. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

:eek: ty very much all!

...new challenge thread is up. :D
    [​IMG]

13. Pixel

Pixel Commander Red Shirt

Sorry I found this too late to vote, but I have to back what LCARS and Redfern said - well done, Klaus! I have a lot of trepidation about the new movie, but I'm trying to keep an open mind - and you've just reminded me why Trek keeps me hopeful.

Hope you all have a shiny 2008!