Final Fantasy X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Angel4576, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be remastered and released on the PS3 and Vita. :)

Taken from Digital Spy.

As much as I'd have loved VII and VIII being remastered, they're already available as PSOne Classics so X makes sense, and I can finally retire my PS2 now as this was probably the only game I kept it for.

Hopefully they'll go back and do VII, VIII and IX at some point in the future.

2. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A good game, but I don't think I can endure another playthrough, even in hi-def. Tidus has to be one of the most annoying video game protagonists ever. Maybe if they completely redo the voice acting as well I'd give it a go...

3. Angel4576

:lol:

I know what you mean, but I can't see them doing that unfortunately.

4. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Day one purchase. Twas the last awesome Final Fantasy game. I couldn't stand any of the ones that followed.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

As long as its the International version.

Americans who don't normally have access to that sort of thing deserve a chance to play it. It's so much Superior to vanilla it's not even funny.

6. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm no fan of Final Fantasy X, but this is going to be a great killer app for the Vita. I'm surprised Square isn't going with a FF VII remake though.

7. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

It's probably a cost thing. I'd imagine it's easier to do an HD upgrade of FFX(it already has voice acting and 3d polygons) than it is to redo FFVII. With FFVII they would probably have to remake the whole thing from scrap. If people just want the orginal FFVII experience, it's already available for DL on PSN.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

THAT IS NEVER HAPPENING.

Fanboys have been asking for it for years, but SE still hasn't done it.

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And yet they've completely remade Final Fantasy IV twice and even gave it an official sequel. It boggles the mind.

10. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I think it will happen someday. Just not for the PS3. I can see it as a launch title for the PS4 though

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

FFX upgrade is good news for me. I was enjoying my initial playthrough back in the day but then boom, someone erased my progress midway through the game and well, that's the last I played of any Final Fantasy. I didn't have the will to make up the 40 or so hours I had lost. But I think it's been enough time to where I'm willing to try again, and remastered for HD is extra incentive.

12. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be Emo boy, Squall, from FF8... ugh.

Id much rather see a new FF in the older style and play style than a remake of what was and still is a great game.

13. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Final Fantasy IV is very popular with the Japanese market. It was a big step for the JRPG genre back in 1991 and a personal pet of many remaining long-time SE developers to boot. The Japanese are gaga over it.

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I loved FFX, so I'll get this as soon as it's released.

15. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Would have preferred IX or VI

Even V, VII or VIII at a pinch.

I think the only thing they could have chosen to make me less interested is to remake I-IV again. I want the Square of the nineties bck.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Hey, I only ever got 1/3 of the way into that game! Now I gotta wait to get a PS3 for the prettiness :p

17. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

They could easily update the background graphics to HD and skip making it entirely 3D. I personally think making it 3D would be a mistake.

I played the game through 3-4 years ago on the PC. Yes, there was a PC version. That version was higher def than the PS version, and has fan made mods to make characters look better.

18. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Even if they did that, it would probably still look like ass. As another owner of the PC version ( ;) ) I can say that while it looked better than the PS1 version, it didn't look good enough to justify a "remastered re-release". The people want more than that. I would imagine most people would be like "what's the point?" if they went that route with a FFVII remake.

19. Angel4576

On a related note, the new trailer for XIII-2;

Trailer

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks even more generically anime-ish.