Federation Cutter 2

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Tarek71, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

Another of the ships of the Federation Cutter Service. This has a more traditional primary/secondary hull structure. The Cutter Service distinctive stripes have been wrapped around both hulls. It's about 200 meters long and would roughly correspond to the newer National Security Cutters of the USCG.

A large engineering Tower has been built into the secondary hull.

[​IMG]

2. Tarek71

3. Tarek71

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

You can post more than one pic in each post.

Keep working on your modelling skills.

5. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Interesting. Shades of the Baton Rouge.

--Alex

6. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

So Tarek, I liked this design so much I thought I'd improve on it a bit. It's your design But it was such a good layout I wanted to do something special just for you! Please don't be upset, I just thought you'd like this, also if you want the model I'll send it to you, Just send me a PM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

P.S. I can Decal her for you if you like, just tell me what you want! :D

8. Tarek71

Thanks for the info! Will do.

9. Tarek71

Well done! Thank you. No problem here. Glad you liked the basic design. The engineering tower was too tall to allow the impulse engines to be located where they typically are. I was thinking about placing them at the aft of the main secondary hull thru deck.

Now I can see how that might look! Not bad. Looks like you also added a shuttle bay to the rear of the engineering tower. Looks good. I was either going to either do something like that, or put it at the front of the secondary hull, with the main deflector placed at the front of the primary hull saucer, a la NX-01.

Yes, decals are great. Still haven't figured out how to place text on a model. Also I have a logo for the Cutter Service that I want to be in the light blue field. Dont know how to do that either.

10. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Tarek, nifty design. And I saw your first Cutter, which was also cool in its own way.

Did you know that there is a Police Cutter in the game Star Fleet Battles? Here's the CAD they did to create the miniature:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/images/Mongoose/Starline 2500/Federation/Fed_POL_2_-_phaser-1.jpg

http://www.starfleetgames.com/images/Mongoose/Starline 2500/Federation/Fed_POL_2_-_top.jpg

http://www.starfleetgames.com/images/Mongoose/Starline 2500/Federation/Fed_POL_2_-_side.jpg

I drafted the internal deck plans for the entire ship. Sorry, I can't post them on-line because Amarillo Design Bureau wants to publish them in a future product (no idea when that will happen). They did print Deck Three in their Captain's Log #47 magazine as a teaser.

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That was nice of them to do.

On Bloomberg's new show, we see an artist who sculpts virus models out of glass.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-05-08/brilliant-ideas-artist-grayson-perry

We need him to make a Doomsday Machine.

Something I remember from Wonderfest 2005. There was an individual who had a recipe for a mold that would shrink a bit--allowing for scale reduction...the folks at Starship Modeler might remember that. I think Shaw's 33 inch reproduction might need the stock nacelle end piece reduced a bit.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  12. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

Really love that shape. Shades of Baton Rouge hmmm yeah, but the general shape is more like proto Excelsior overall.