Favorite YouTubers, Part 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by scotpens, Oct 5, 2022.

1. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

The previous Favorite YouTubers thread had its most recent post nearly two years ago. So, as per board rules, I'm starting a new one (something I rarely do).

My latest YouTube sweetheart: Sarah-N-Tuned (real name Sarah Greenwood). She's a former Air Force aviation mechanic who repairs, restores and modifies cars. She does everything from engine rebuilds to interior refurbishing to expert body and paint work. And she has an affable, easygoing personality and a great sense of humor. Even if you're not a car geek, I think you'll find her videos entertaining.

Now, that's my kind of gal. I like a woman who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.

Anyone else have any favorites on YouTube?

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I already said Kittisaurus is my favorite, but a close second: DJ Cummerbund.

3. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I just discovered this very talented young singer/musician named Emily Linge. Check out some of her song covers.

I can't really call her an internet "sweetheart" -- she's 15 years old!

4. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Two favorites, the first can be morbid at times, but always interesting: Ask A Mortician. Catlin has series on iconic corpses: Eva Peron, Vladamir Lenin; why JFK's casket was closed and the many mistakes, contaversies, and whatnot surrounding his death and burial. Check it out.

And Darkfluff, for a more humorous look at Karens and entitled people, and revenge stories (which usually are people being told to do their job and only their job, and they do with predictable catastrophe, petty revenge and more. Here's his page:
    https://www.youtube.com/@DarkFluff/videos

Admiral2 likes this.
  5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Best known for the Screen Rant Pitch Meeting videos, Ryan George has plenty of other comedic content on his own personal channel. A recent example:

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

David Pakman

Ocean Conservation Namibia

History Matters (short vids for my short attention span ;))

Dark Seas

Dark Skies

I also subscribe to a couple channels that AI upconvert metal music videos

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I discovered this duo of Sisters called the MonaLisa Twins. They sounded so good, and doing Beatles covers, their accent sounded so familiar. Looked at their profile and they were from Liverpool. They do a really great job and sound like a female version of the Beatles. In fact, they've done enough Beatles covers to fill two albums.

They even sound great in a live setting:

scotpens likes this.
  8. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

I discovered Drachinifel during lockdown a couple of years ago. He's a naval historian and his long form videos about naval engagements are especially engaging.

Bill Bruford, former drummer for Yes and King Crimson has started a YouTube channel, curating some of his best performances.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.