Favorite/Underrated Episodes of ENT

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Rennick, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Rennick

Rennick Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

What are your most favorite or underrated episodes of Enterprise (in your opinion)?

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

For my favorite episode that's generally underrated, that's a no-brainer for me: Horizon. My favorite overall ENT episodes are In a Mirror, Darkly (both parts), followed by Azati Prime.

3. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Terra Nova and Silent Enemy: both are clunky, with some major writing issues, but do a lot to set up the mood of the series as a whole. I would even suggest that they set up major season 4 episodes: the Romulan trilogy and Demons/Terra Prime.

Favorite overall: Cold Station 12.

4. Rennick

Now that I think about it, I don't believe I have seen 'Darkly.' I will most likely view that next.

5. Rennick

I did enjoy "Silent Enemy" a lot when I watched it, but like you, I too agree that the writing could have been more taut.

6. Rennick

Personally, I always felt that "Future Tense" was an excellent episode, as well as, "Cease Fire."

7. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Future Tense is excellent: the best use of the Temporal Cold War.

8. TenLubak

TenLubak Commander Red Shirt

Desert Crossing is funny when they bring up his jailbreak of a few episodes prior. Johnny Archer has a reputation now, and when his trak-ball playing friend finds out he ain't really that tuff he detains Captain Archer til him and Trip Tucker are able to get away and craw across the desert. They make it to that little building then turns out they are bombing the shit out of it when the show ends with the shuttle craft coming to pick him up. Archer does one thing one week, then next week does the exact opposite. Gotta love these kind of episodes that are great for mindless just got home from work and I'm tierd tv watching. No thoughts allowed here.

9. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

"Civilization" has always been one of my favourite ENT episodes, and is one I return to fairly regularly. I particularly enjoy Diane DiLascio's performance as Riann.

10. Rennick

Is that the episode where T'Pol says there are life-forms on the planet, and Trip later adds with a child-like exuberance there is 400 million?

If so, I love that part, and ultimately the episode as well. Trip's reaction, to me, encompasses what Enterprise was about.

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I love Terra Nova which is not so much underrated as hated :lol:

12. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Rogue Planet. Yes, I get that the science is completely wonky: planet unmoored from any gravitational pull. But I do love the idea of a manifestation of something Archer cannot reach/have/find, which provides an excellent reason for him to become an explorer. I love the gentleness with which Trip and T'Pol handle Archer's crazy. They never see this apparition, but they go with it and help him find a solution to the drayjin's plight. I love that. And the conversations between Archer and the drayjin are so . . . sad.

13. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

"Doctor's Orders"-I know its a shameless rip-off of "One" but Phlox is my favorite ENT character and he was given so little to do on the show that a whole episode devoted to him was really enjoyable.

14. Rennick

I completely agree. John Billingsley is a fine actor, and certainly deserved more room to work.

15. teacake

Agreed, I love a whole bunch of Phlox. I love all the Phlox stuff in ANIS, wish it had just been him in that sickbay!

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Another vote for "Civilization". I first saw it in first-run, and it was the first episode of the series I actually liked. It felt very much like a TOS story, and I thought they were starting to find their footing in the series.

17. Rennick

I recently just watched this episode, and it was the first one in the season where I felt the writers got Enterprise right.

18. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Yes, spot on with TOS comparison - exactly what I thought on first viewing.

19. teacake

I also loved The Seventh which is disliked. Great atmosphere, insight into Vulcan secret service shenanigans. And I like that we see Vulcans deliberately living outside of their tightly controlled society on ENT, this being another example. Sure they're all shitheads but it's still interesting.

20. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    TATV

[​IMG]

No, not really, 'Bound' was great fun. As folks mentioned earlier 'Civilization' was very TOS in feel. Also, 'Strange New World' was great for the characters under stress. I very much liked having no monster of the week, just the crew dealing with each other under the effects of the pollen. Great episode that used the various characters talents and weaknesses to good effect.