Favorite Home Improvement Halloween Episode

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by tomswift2002, Oct 13, 2015.

1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

It's been nearly 20 years since "Home Improvement" aired it's last Halloween episode in 1998, but to this day it is probably the only sitcom to do the most memorable Halloween episodes (Disney why have you not released a DVD of just the Halloween episodes?) each and every year they were on! (yeah, Season 1 really didn't have a Halloween episode per say, but having Tim as a Martian and Jill with bulging eyes to scare the kids would qualify it for inclusion).

So, what is your Favorite "Home Improvement" Halloween episode?

2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

"Roseanne" also had some good ones. But HI is beaten, in my opinion, by "The Simpsons" Halloween episodes (well, really just the first eight or nine ones).

It's been so long since I've seen an episode, I can't even recall a favorite Halloween one.

3. tomswift2002

I've just watched I Was A Teenage Taylor from Season 6, and while the episodes from seasons 2-5 are still good, in terms of Halloween, the writers really seemed to get everything firing on all 8 cylinders here. Brad and Randy vs. Tim and Jill, with a little help along the way on either side from Mark, Al, Wilson and Clifford Warren (aka Larry the Halloween Guy). This episode had a little war as to who was the better prankster with Brad and Randy trying to prank Tim and Jill, while Tim and Jill were trying to show that they were still the top pranksters in the family.

The one unfortunate thing about this episode, as I see at tv.com, is that on the DVD it is edited for some reason. I haven't seen the network version in years, but apparently at the end of Tool Time, Larry stops by Tool Time to see Tim, and for whatever reason (most likely due to Disney using a syndication master for the DVD). In a way this edit makes Al's comment go farther, as if we did see Larry at Tool Time, then Al's comment, while beneficial for Brad and Randy, is redundant for those of us viewing it, and without seeing Larry before he appears at the door, it gives him that creepiness.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Rosanne episode where Dan went as the Three Stooges sticks out for me.

[​IMG]

5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

My favorite was the one where Wilson was dressed up like a Mummy (iirc) and we end up catching a peek at his face. Don't remember the name of it though.

6. tomswift2002

That was the Season 2 episode. But Wilson's face didn't appear then. But we did see his full face in the Season 5 and Season 8 Halowe'en episodes, although in 5 he had make-up on to make his face skull, as he was the "bag of bones" in Harry's Hardware. And in Season 8, while he didn't have any make up on, just the way the camera was after Tim scared him with the axe through the foot, you were able to see his face quite clearly for one second.

Of course the other night I watched "Some Enchanted Evening" the Alf Hallowe'en special. The on night where Alf could go out without being afraid that someone was going to call the alien task force on him.

7. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah thanks!

Cool! I'll have to look for that clip!

8. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I don't remember which season it was but I always remember the one where Jill was a carrot, everyone acted like it was a stupid costume but I thought it was hilarious.

Random_Spock likes this.
  9. tomswift2002

I’m just watching “Crazy For You”, the third season Halloween episode. It’s the episode where Tim gets spooked out by the obsessed fan.

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm actually not a fan of the Simpsons Halloween episodes. Even most of the older ones, I think they go too often for gross for gross sake and forget to be funny.

I can't remember a lot of the Halloween episodes, I remember a late one where the parents tried to make Randy think some killer was coming after him and he found out and then tried to convince them he was genuinely terrified? Since it's the only one I currently remember I guess it's my favorite?

11. tomswift2002

That was the Season 6 Halloween episode I Was A Teenage Taylor. That was actually payback for an earlier prank that Randy and Brad had pulled on Tim & Jill!

12. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Halloween bit that I thought was very funny is when a couple of kids come to the door trick-or-treating. One is dressed as Buzz Lightyear, who was voiced in the film by Tim Allen. The other is dressed as Simba from the Lion King, who was voiced by Jonathan Taylor Thomas, who of course also played one of the sons on Home Improvement. It's Jonathan Taylor Thomas who opens the door, and very blatantly gives the kid dressed as Simba - HIS character - more candy than the one dressed as Buzz.