Fan stories..."Starship Exeter:Exeter Rising"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Robert Simmons, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    A 12 part mini-series of stories based on Jimm and Josh Johnson's Starship Exeter that take place right after the Exeter was retreived by Captain Garrovick, and leading up to the time before "The Savage Empire". Written by a fan of Starship Exeter who is a Star Fleet Battles player. ( me... Robert the dude with the signiature down below at the bottom of this post...and final editing by Jim Bray..a effects modelor and sculptor who has moved on to other things...like buttoning up these stories...) The stories are written to fit snugly within TOS Trek canon and Exeter canon and explain alot of background stuff in the interim in the wake of TOS Trek. ( They are not canon...BUT THEY OUGHT TO BE...LOL. They most likely will never be produced. But hey...one can dream....) The series is being posted as written in the rough prior to final Editing of the scripts, and is past halfway finished in rough form at #7...with the first 4 scripts currently finished being edited by Jim Bray. The stories are thrown out raw in the open in the rough..for those who don't like to wait.....

It has a fleet battle on the Romulan border....
    It has alot of Star Fleet mad at Garrovick fearing that total war may break out....
    It has Commander Harris going above and beyond the call of duty thinking up new ways to solve problems in the TOS time frame....
    It has Garrovick and the Exeter hunting Federation Space for Romulan ships...
    It has Cutty and Harris fighting with each other....
    It has Klingons scheming to ruining everyone's day....and refusing to leave...
    It has Garrovick putting this ship and crew through the wringer....

And seeks to pick up where TOS Trek left off with the Exeter characters.....and many of the sub-characters of TOS Trek....

and much....much more....

Written for die hard TOS purists in mind, this series of stories seeks to deliver BIG. The scripts are posted on the most Honorable Dennis Bailey's United Worlds site in the Exeter Characters and Stories Forums. The master page link is here....

http://www.starshippolaris.com/forum...ad.php?t=18333

Tell us what you think. The good...the bad...the UGLY!!!

I hope I didn't give TOO MUCH away above....

THIS IS THE WAY I THINK TREK OUGHT TO BE!

STRAP IN! WARNING...SERIOUS READ! PREPARE TO GET YOUR BRAIN SCREWED!!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. Robert Simmons

Some color storyboards and color animatics from the first story.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

nice graphics.

4. Robert Simmons

Thanks. I felt pictures would be a strong magnet to get people to read the story. And I wanted the pictures to strongly communicate the action. More to come. As I finish out the animatics, I'll go back and redo the shots as best to finalized shots with weathered models and decals. I'm sorting out that problem now for the different registry markings. Im just experimenting with doing animated gifs with photographed models instead of drawings. And i am having a annoying time of the gif limited color palette tearing up my smooth detail in the shots.

Consider it a big fat baited hook. I'm curious to see if anyone bites. I have had some positive feedback from a few on United Worlds who have read them. I think you'll like.

Here's the latest animatic posted.......
    [​IMG]

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That should read "Most Horrible Dennis Bailey's..." You're on TrekBBS now, Mister!

Nice to see you, Robert. Good luck. :techman:

6. Robert Simmons

Thanks Dennis,
    It's not as pretty as your stuff. But give it time....

7. Robert Simmons

8. Robert Simmons

Color update to a3-83
    Origional animatic
    [​IMG]
    Color update
    [​IMG]