Fake presidential assassinations.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Laughing Vulcan, Nov 21, 2010.

1. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

Have there been any fictional US presidents assassinated in movie or TV?

It happens to the British Royal Family on occasion, The Day After Tomorrow froze them in a blizzard, King Ralph had them electrocuted, an old TV serial in the UK called The Knights of God had the country turned into a republic...

But I can't seem to recall any fictional presidents biting the dust... Although I stopped watching 24 after the third season so maybe...

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

24 had John Keeler shot down while on board Air Force One, and Wayne Palmer blown up (although I'm not sure if Wayne was confirmed dead).

3. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Assassinated? Not that I can recall off hand.

But killed? Absolutely. The Day After Tomorrow, 2012 and Dave all had the president die.

I think there was at least one episode of the Outer Limits(new one) where the president was killed by aliens or something.

4. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was some movie in the 1980s (might have been an HBO original) where a terrorist attack or nuke wiped out the entire line of succession up to the Secretary of Interior (played by Darren McGavin).

There was also an interesting episode of Quantum Leap where Sam leaped into the body of Lee Harvey Oswald in November of 1963.

5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

And then there was the episode of Red Dwarf where JFK assassinated himself.

6. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kind of like that 80s Twilight Zone where an Elvis impersonator accidentally killed Presley in the 1950s and had to take his place for the rest of history.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched 24, but I'm pretty sure that every president on the show was killed off at some point. :lol:

8. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

David Palmer was killed on 24, but he was no longer President at that point.

9. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

By Dawn's Early Light (1990, HBO), an adaptation of the novel Trinity's Child. It turns out that the president (played by Martin Landau) is actually alive, though.

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Actually, David Palmer is the only President to have unambiguously died on the show, albeit after he was no longer in office. John Keeler was in Air Force One when it was shot down, but he survived in critical condition. Wayne Palmer survived the bomb blast and was last seen being taken for surgery due to a brain hemorrhage. No information was provided in seasons prior to their presidencies, as far as I can recall, to suggest whether either man died later.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ And Logan still can't die even after shooting himself! :lol:

I would say Vantage Point, but unfortunately the trailer gives away a major plot twist.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

That movie is so bad that even at Big Lots for $3 I didn't buy it.

13. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

The US President is killed and replaced by Zartan who's been shapeshifted to look like him

14. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

There was a fictional film a few years ago where George Bush is assassinated by a gunman, the director CGI'ed Bush's actual face over that of the actor, it was kind of controversial when it first came out, the film itself was a turkey and disappeared rather quickly.

I think the Earth President was assassinated by members of the PSI corp, in Babylon Five.

15. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

^
    Yeah, "Death of a President". It was basically a mockumentary about the after effects of said assassination.

The new Call of Duty heavily implies a presidential assassination at the end of the game.

16. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, it was his own Vice President that ordered it, and it was carried out by the Shadows.

17. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Well Mayor McCheese was assassinated in an episode of Family Guy.
    The President in Mars Attacks! was killed by the Martians.

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The movie Winter Kills is about the younger brother of an assassinated POTUS - who is clearly meant to be JFK - investigating his brother's murder. Stars Jeff Bridges and John Huston (as the Joe Kennedy character), based on a novel by Richard Condon (Prizzi's Honour).

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

IIRC, President McNeal of Earth was disintegrated by Lrrr, ruler of the planet Omicron Persei VIII, in Futurama: "When Aliens Attack." But that was more an act of war than an assassination. (More recently, Vice President Headless Body of Spiro T. Agnew was run over by Leela, but that was an accident.)

20. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not really. The assassination itself isn't implied, as we know it happens. What's implied by the game is the identity of the person who carried it out.