Extra bonus chapters by Marshak & Culbreath

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by chrinFinity, May 26, 2018.

1. chrinFinity

chrinFinity Captain Captain

Hey. In decades past Bantam published licensed works by Marshak & Culbreath... I read elsewhere there are (obviously unofficial) K/S slash "extra chapters" written by Marshak & Culbreath that were self-published as unofficial fanfic, I've also heard that Marshak & Culbreath were selling this material.

My questions are

1. Does anybody know where one might legitimately purchase said material, or,

2. Only in the event that such material is not legitimately available for sale, and only in the event that it has subsequently been re-released legitimately for free (piracy is bad), does anyone know where this material might be accessible online?

borgboy likes this.
  2. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

I’d be interested too. I’ve never run across anything like that on fan fiction sites...

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you referring to the two different versions of Killing Time? In its original version, there was some stuff that could be vaguely construed as being K/S-ish, but it was removed in the subsequent reprinting.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Weren't the publish chapters bad enough?

5. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Nope. Killing Time was written by Della Van Hise, not M&C. It has been rumored M&C wrote “extra” chapters of all four of their Star Trek novels.

There’s documentation of the rumor (NOT of the existence of the chapters) here: http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=4331084&postcount=35

chrinFinity likes this.
  6. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I was told by K/S fanfic readers in the 80s that secret chapters existed for all four M&C novels. Never saw them in person and not game to read them. ;)

At first I assumed it was only the two Bantam novels, but no, I was told the two Pocket novels as well. No idea how widely distributed, but the people who told me used to read a lot of K/S.

Ah, I see the link is to an old post of mine. I wish I could give more details, but I have no other confirmation other than the confidence that something was out there. I did once see a written reference to them separate to the verbal rumour.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018