Explain your user name!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Yeoman Randi, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

To go hand in hand with oldy's "explain your avatar" thread...

please share the origin of your user ID! I'm sure this has been done before, but i know it hasn't been done since i've been here. Some of your IDs i can figure out, but some leave me scratching my head! So please, share!

Mine is easy to figure out. My name is Randi, so Yeoman Randi is a combo of Yeoman Rand and my name. I've been a fan since '66 and when i was a kid i imagined myself on Kirk's arm, as his yeoman, exploring the galaxy. So, being Yeoman Randi has kind of been my fantasy for most of my life!

Now please tell me YOUR story! :)

2. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Love that! I wanted to be on Spock's arm! We would've taken over Starfleet! Spock Girl was taken and so was old red shirt so I went with OldestRedShirtEver but had to eliminate most of the vowels due to space constraints! I've had someone else tell me they thought it was olde trevor! I've been called so much worse - I'll take olde trevor too! :lol:

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Jetfire...My fav among The Transformers.

4. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I'm a physics groupie.

5. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am Gojira... minus the "ra".

I should also mention that Gojira is the original name for Godzilla in Japanese. Some people don't know that. Which I can't believe. There's a thread for that, I hear.

"Goji" also means five o'clock in Japanese. So I guess I'm that too.

6. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

Old army nickname.
    I've never really punched anyone in the nards.

7. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Wordplay on the phrase "the cat's meow," except with the name of the most awesome TV cat ever.

8. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It has kind of a double meaning. The name itself comes from a pretty pro wrestling valet from back in the 80's so it had a kind of sexual conotation when she used it. However I adopted it many years ago when I used to post on support groups for depression and social anxiety. I meant it as kind of a metaphor for for my life and the unhappiness I always had. It became my standard on-line name when I had to sign up for boards.

My girlfriend hates it because it reminds her of a time when she first met me and I was a rather sad and lonely person and she doesn't like that I may still think of myself that way. The past few years I have changed to another on-line handle for everything and I often think about changing my name here to the new name.

9. Diddle

Diddle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Riddler is my favorite Batman character. Diddle comes from one of Batman's old episode "Hi Diddle Riddle" featuring The Riddler. (From the 60's show)

That, also this. And this.

10. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Miss Chicken is my cat. she is called that because she has three good legs but her fourth leg is very small and deformed. It is shaped like a chicken's wing so that is why we called her chicken.

When I first joined this board I choose the name Sheliak (after the Star Trek race) but no-one paid me much attention when I used that name. Once I started using Miss Chicken people started to notice me more.

11. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad you explained this because it's so not what I thought your name meant. My boyfriend and some other people around me use "diddle" to mean "sex." As in, "yeah that guy diddled her." :lol:

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know what my user name means.

13. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

my user name is a minor charater from the old judge dredd comics. back when I did a few d&d type games this was one of the charaters I used

14. Diddle

Diddle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hahaha oh wow. I suppose that's a way to putting it. :lol:

15. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

It's from the song The Body Electric by Rush.

:techman:

16. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Marillion is the second greatest rock band in the world, behind only Rush. I use them as my user name as shamless promotion.

Marillion is a derivative of "Silmarillion" the book by Tolkein. When the band started out playing parties and school dances, they were known as "Silmarillion" but cut off the "Sil" when they started getting more popular and were afraid (and rightly so) that the name would create some legal problems.

They were one of the first bands to truely embrace the internets and carve out a niche for themselves. Their fans, like me, are rabid and loyal to a fault.

They still put out meaningful, amazing music to this day and deserve more exposure than they get.

Click my signature to experience a better way of life.

17. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

My user name? Hey, if you're gonna be on a Star Trek board, you might as well be a heroic ship captain, right? :cool:

18. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

My original user name was JinxtoEeiauo (after a character in the novel "Uhura's Song" (one of my favorite ST novels).

When we were offered the option of changing names, I decided to tie in my "alter ego" with my love of Enterprise. :)

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was listening to Pink Floyd's Saucerful of Secrets when I registered. Corporal Clegg is the name of a song on album.

I originally was going to do Corporal K'Legg to be more Klingon, but changed my mind.

20. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I took my username from the character R. Daneel Olivaw in Isaac Asimov's Robot and Foundation novels.