(Excuse the fanboyish post) Reman Warbird Scimittar

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Photon, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

vs________________________

Is there any vessel in the AQ or GQ that could have defeated it straight up in battle (one of one)? Just curious

2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

If you can't post it here where can you post it?

I'd say the Breen ships.

3. Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn Captain Captain

The Dominion 'confrontation cruiser', the big mother you could see in Cardassian orbit in what you leave behind. Wasn't that supposed to be about four miles long or something?

I'd actually fancy the USS Promethius in a straight-up fight as well, it'd activate its multi-vector assault mode and get medievil on the scimitar's ass.

4. Borg451

Borg451 Captain

Borg Cube

5. GodThingFormerly

GodThingFormerly A Different Kind of Asshole

An "American" in Friedrichshafen, Deutschland
  6. warp5project

warp5project Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The USS Chuck Norris :D

7. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

That's the 2 I've always thought that could win, esp the Dominion BattleShip, not the one that took on the Bratly Cru of Red Squad.

8. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

Kirk in a Robin Reliant

9. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An Oberth class ship commanded by Captain Esteban.

10. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Janeway and Voyager in the batmobile mode.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

12. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

the Defiant

13. Judas Ascendant

Judas Ascendant Commodore Commodore

Any vessel the A-Team could build in one Terran hour.

14. Trekmaster

Trekmaster Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Methinks the Scimitar could take down any of the vessels mentioned here already, even a Borg Cube. At least, it could probably take down 2 Borg Cubes until the Collective adapts to whatever tactics it has on hand with a standard Romulan admiral in command.

Now, if Shinzon himself (or The Shinzon that was the clone of Picard if you read Captain's Blood by William Shatner) was in command of the Scimitar, I think he'd be cavalier enough (and depending on his physical and mental status - crazy enough) to give the collective a good run for its money and possibly come up with a way to defeat a particular part of the collective (he's a clone of Picard, after all.)

But, could he defeat the U.S.S. Defiant (NX-whatever it was) under the command of Sisko or even Worf? I'd say both were even money.

15. Newt

Newt Commodore Commodore

The Death-Star. ;) :lol:

16. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw: That... made my day.

HELM: "Captain, the Scimitar is opening fire!"

CAPT. ESTEBAN: "Raise shields, and hail Starfleet Command. I need to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes before initiating evasive maneuvers."

17. RaulMacca

RaulMacca Vice Admiral Admiral

The Prometheus class in MVAM, Post Endgame Voyager and the E-E with decent crew.

The only way the warbirds getting a lock on the e-e is with sensors, sensors can be tracked right back to source.

Phasers being what almost as fast as the Speed of light + treks super fast computers should have been able to counter the warbird blow for blow.

Trek has to have some sort of anti-radiation missile type weapon.

Post endgame Voyager could have took on every ship in Nemisis and won at a canter, hell it could have took on ds9 and won.

18. Trekmaster

Trekmaster Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, undeniably true. Sorry, I forgot to note that the post-Endgame U.S.S. Voyager had been mentioned.

So, I rescind my earlier post of every ship in the thread to say every ship in the thread sans post-Endgame Voyager. Voyager with ablative armor and Borg technology from the future...well, that's just cheating, isn't it?

Silly Admiral Janeway and her total disrespect for the temporal prime directive! :lol:

Time travel really gives the Federation the edge, most of the time, doesn't it?
    Who knows? We might be able to have this conversation again after Star Trek XI and mention some kewl Romulan timeship (or Romulan equivalent of a temporal policing agency) in the whole debate.

Good times...good times.

19. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's not the vessel, but its commander. A shuttle could defeat Scimitar, at least as commanded by the dimwits on-screen.

20. iamtosk

iamtosk Captain Captain

I'd have to go with the Borg Cube as well. Nobody really beats those without beaming onboard first.

Perhaps species 8472 could get the job done as well... but they're not in the AQ or GQ.

That big Dominion ship is wicked huge and all but so is the Scimitar... I'd say it's 50/50 chances there.