Events talked about or alluded to in movies you would've liked to have seen in said movie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turd Ferguson, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We all have movies we love. And in those movies, the characters usually talk about things or things are shown briefly we would love to see shown or elaborated on. Here's a few off the top of my head:

1. Louis Tully's 20 Minute Workout session (Ghost Busters). Early in the movie, Dana runs into Louis in the hallway, where Louis tells Dana about recording 20 Minute Workout then playing it back in high speed so it only takes ten minutes. The image of him doing a super fast workout in my head is hilarious :lol:

2. Louis Tully's ledge adventure (Ghost Busters). Same movie, same scene, I imagine Louis' hijinks as he battles with pigeons and pigeon shit as he attempts to disconnect Dana's cable :lol:

3. Pops' time working construction (Terminator Genisys). Just the idea of seeing a T-800 working construction to make ends meet and ensure that Reese and Sarah Connor have the correct codes to gain entry to Cyberdyne is interesting to me. Seeing the ups and downs of a Terminator holding a steady job before getting laid off would be interesting to see.

What snippets of dialogue or things eluded to in your favorite movies would you like to have seen in said movie?

2. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't mind seeing that black and white gangster movie from Home Alone.

The Borgified Corpse likes this.
  3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The complete adventures of Dixon Hill and Captain Proton!

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will start off with 3 because I think I can even come up with many more:

1 Han Solo making the Kessel Run.

2 The Cincinatti event from "Hot Tub Time Machine" though I got to think that whatever they showed would be a letdown.

3 Marlon Brando's descent into being crazy in "Apocolypse Now."

Jason

Lookingglassman likes this.
  5. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    To elude: to avoid

To allude: to refer to something

Casablanca and Rick and about his time in Spain fighting against the fascists,

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Black Widow and Hawkeye in Budapest.

Turtletrekker and shivkala like this.
  7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Not necessarily in the movies themselves, but as bonus features, short films:

- I'd like to see how Magneto got captured after (allegedly) trying to save JFK between First Class and DoFP. It'd make an awesome short film. Maybe the authorities simply run him down until he passes out from exhaustion, and keep him unconscious from then on?

- I'd happily watch a whole movie about Cap adjusting to the modern world before Loki's invasion. (Well, maybe a 50-minute movie. But more than the brief scenes, included and deleted, that we got.)

- The Sultan of Madagascar threatening to cut off Indy's... misunderstanding if he ever returned, mentioned in Temple of Doom.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  8. - The back story of Ra's al Ghul in Batman begins. He talked about loosing his wife.
    I would love a movie about how that death lead him on the path of creating The League Of Shadows.

9. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Buckaroo Banzai and the watermelon.

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want to see what the worst thing Pepper's walked in on Tony doing in Iron Man

:p

11. Jayson1

I would have liked to have seen Robin Williams and his as a couple and him dealing with her death in "Good Will Hunting."

Just one episode of "The Tonight Show" with Brodie as host from "Mallrats."

More about Stan Lee and what he was doing in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" movie. In fact I think I would like a entire web series around the character.

How Doc Brown fixed up his train and made a time travel machine, again and also what he does after "Back to the Future part 3."

Jason

Richard Baker likes this.
  12. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

Darth Vader killing Anakin Skywalker... oh...

13. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Anakin might have avoided that fate if only he’d taken the high ground...or something. :shifty:

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a pretty good feeling we'll be seeing this one soon.

The first arc in the Back to the Future comic series, which has a story by BttF co-creator Bob Gale, covers the first one, and the rest of the comics, and the animated series give two different versions of the second.

15. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Scotty's "wee bout" that McCoy pulled him out of.

For nuTrek, a Kramer vs. Kramer movie with McCoy vs McCoy. How exactly did she get the whole damn planet in the divorce? ;)

16. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good suggestions all around! I even came up with another one:

Future War from The Terminator films, specifically Terminator 2. I'm not talking about shooting machine guns in the desert in daytime like Salvation, I want to see an all out war movie with John Connor leading the Human Resistance in the War Against the Machines in the ruins of Los Angeles, using phase plasma rifles against aerial HKs, HK tanks and endoskeletons.

17. Jayson1

King Kong: Just about any of the movies. How and heck did they get him off the island and on the boat to take him back to New York. You would need plenty of strong men or cranes or something to lift him up.

Mad Max: The war or whatever it is that destroyed society.

Friday the 13th: They say his name but I forget it at the moment. I am talking about the guy who reopened Camp Crystal lake in the first movie. Thank about what this guy must have had to deal with. First he no doubt invested some of his own money in starting the camp. Granted he proably got a good deal since it hadn't been opened since the 50's but nobody gets land for free.

Next he hires a bunch of teenagers to set up camp. Not only do they do very little work in fixing things up and spend more time having sex and doing drugs but then they get killed. It means his entire investment has gone down the drain. Plus he no doubt must have got sued for not providing any kind of security for them.

I think the next movie should be a prequel about this guy trying to deal with the fact that he has been ruined by Jason Voores. No money in the bank and creditors on his back. He makes it his mission to sue Jason Voores and his family since the Mom was just as guilty to help recoup any lost profit.

Jason

18. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't that the opening of Genisys?

19. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

That would be great, then I am the first in line to buy the tickets.

20. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

The mutiny in The Black Hole.