Episodes you haven't seen or have no memory of.

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by retroenzo, Oct 19, 2016.

1. retroenzo

retroenzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know how I've managed it but don't think I've ever seen 'The Siege of AR-558'. At least I don't think I have - I have no memory of the episode. I've read the synopsis and compare it to memories I have but it always seems to be a cross between 'Nor The Battle to the Strong' and 'It's Only a Paper Moon'.

As I've done several rewatches, I find it hard that this one has slipped through the net but I have no memory of it.

Anyone else with unintended Star Trek blind spots?

2. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe some of the Xindi arc in Enterprise.

3. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

Lots of Enterprise episodes.

Last year when I re-watched Voyager for the first time in years I had no memory of 'Remember' or 'Unforgettable' which I thought was funny. If I weren't on a board discussing Star Trek with other fans I'm sure they would slip right out of my memory again.

4. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not any longer. I missed DS9's "Time's Orphan" without even knowing it. It was on the rebroadcast that I finally caught it.

I missed a Voyager episode because UPN and CW changed channels in Indiana and, for one week, there was no UPN channel. A buddy from a Star Trek VOY board sent me a VHS copy of the episode.

I missed all of TAS because I was too young to see it in the initial run (and remember it) until Nickelodeon finally showed it in 1985.

We all missed TOS The Cage until Roddenberry released it around 1990 or so (can't remember the date). Well, some of us may have been fortunate to see it at a convention he was at.

5. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I've missed a couple of episodes of VOY and more episodes of ENT.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Until I got the DVD sets years ago, I'd somehow never seen "That Which Survives". It was really cool to see a "new" TOS episode after 20 (for me) years!

Same with Voyager's "Hunters". Wow the Hirogen were much taller in their debut.

7. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

I might have, but I don't know what they are

JoeCabby likes this.
  8. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fairly certain I've seen all episodes of TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT. I'm still missing out on a couple of episodes in 3rd season TOS (and most of TAS).

That said, I'm also certain that whereas I've seen most episodes from these series several or even many times, some others I've seen only once. TNG's dark page, for example. Became conscious of its existence only 3 years ago and watched it back then. Didn't like it, don't particularly care to watch it anytime soon again. Most of the episodes of the xindi war arc I've also seen only once, because it's more of a time investment to rewatch the thing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  9. retroenzo

retroenzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah I'm actually missing out on most of TAS myself.

10. OldManDoom

OldManDoom Lieutenant Red Shirt

I watched a lot of Enterprise while doing something else. I barely remember half the series.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, and there were like three animated series episodes I'd never seen until I got the DVD

12. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I keep forgetting about The Classic Series episode where the crew are turned into styrafoam blocks by aliens, for some reason. They want to take over the ship. A cute yeoman who's turned into one such block gets deliberately crushed into powder by an alien, just to show Kirk who's boss. Outside of that, this particular show always escapes me ....

13. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By Any Other Name

2takesfrakes likes this.
  14. ihno

ihno Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen it all! YEAH!

But I've only watched part of it more than once. I've only seen Enterprise and die JJmovies once so my memory fails on me I guess.

Oh, same goes for TAS but I might watch it again one day.

15. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

Haven't seen hardly any of DS9 yet, and just a handful of VOY and ENT. Almost done with TNG and I must say that when the episode's pacing is bad or the writing isn't great, it's very easy for me to tune out and not pay attention. That wasn't really the case with TOS for me though. Generally if a TOS episode wasn't great or plodding, I was still more engaged with it. Perhaps because it's more "of its era" or because I connect with the TOS characters more and I enjoy just watching them do stuff, even if that "stuff" is not compelling.

UnknownSample likes this.
  16. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

I was shocked when flicking through Netflix to find a voyager episode I managed to miss - harry gets an std. certainly seen all of tng and ds9, and I think tos. Got about 5 tas episodes left, tonight's was Spock needs some medicine.

17. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

cant remember not having no memory of any trek episode I haven't seen

18. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I only watched enough of a VOY episode to find out I didn't like the show, and the only DS9 episodes I've seen were "Trials and Tribble-ations" and the one about the black sci-fi writer. I've seen all of TOS, TAS, TNG, and ENT.

19. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Haven't seen Voyagers season 4-7, or most of 3 either.
    I'm sure there are some episodes of TOS I haven't seen yet either.

20. Paradise City

Paradise City Commodore Commodore

Enterprise is the only series I saw on an ad-hoc basis on first watch. Which is unhelpful for me to fully appreciate that series, as there's alot of arcs. I think I've seen them all although it's not impossible one or two slipped me by.

I've seen everything else in sequence although I've had to sweep back and pick up on one or two episodes I missed with Voyager.