Episode Eight Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by JD, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The Episode stories are said to be the tale of the Skywalker family. Therefore there either needs to be a resolution by the end of Episode IX (end of the family) or there needs to be a chance for the family to continue. Either via Kylo (redemption or no) or one would assume Rey. Unless Kylo has some sibling or cousins, the family tree doesn't have a lot of branches from Shmi Skywalker forward.

2. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure Luke sowed a few wild oats in the interim either way. There will always be another Skywalker.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to Pablo Hidalgo on twitter, Episode 8 will not be a Co-Production like TFA was (LucasFilm Co-produced it with Bad Robot)

I wonder how that will effect production Quality. Rogue One was 100% LucasFilm, and it looked great.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Why would anyone think it was? Bad Robot is JJ's company and he was only ever going to make the first one.

Keep in mind, until just recently Lucasfilm itself hasn't been an active feature film production company for over a decade (does 'Red Tails' count?) It takes time to ramp up to that sort of thing and one imagines Bad Robot picked up a little of the slack for them in that department. Now they're clearly caught up so they shouldn't need any outside support.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So if Abrams not involved with Ep VIII or Ep IX at all then? I thought he was still a producer and working on the story or something.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Abrams has nothing to do with the story, save for what he set up in TFA. Episode VIII was written by Rian Johnson, who also wrote a treatment for Episode IX (so I assume he'll be getting at least a 'Story by' credit in that movie).

7. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

That's some sithy colouring they got there on the title image. :mallory:

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice, but I bet i'm going to mix this title up with Return of the Jedi.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool title, I wonder if there is a specific reason they have the Star Wars in red instead of the usually gold/yellow.

11. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any predictions when we'll get a teaser trailer? Super Bowl?

12. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Prossibly Super Bowl...that or they'll wait for Star Wars Celebration in April.

I wonder if they were waiting for Rogue One to break a Billion dollars gross before making the announcement...so it could have the time to stand on its own before the next movie hype started.

13. WarpFactorZ

I'd say teaser trailer with Super Bowl, then full length trailer in April. No way they'll wait for the latter to be the first public appearance of Ep VIII.

14. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

I confess my memory tends to be foggy, especially past about last Tuesday, but didn't we get our first quick tease of TFA during the Super Bowl two years ago? If I'm remembering at all right, it didn't amount to much in terms of actual footage, but it definitely seemed to build the hype. Unless I'm completely out of my gourd again.

15. WarpFactorZ

There was a Superbowl teaser, but it was not much more than the earlier November teaser. Since we haven't seen anything at all, it seems reasonable to expect that (plus, every big movie seems to have a Superbowl ad).

16. Sybok Was Wrong

Sybok Was Wrong Commander Red Shirt

Episode 9 Will be blue!

17. Sybok Was Wrong

Sybok Was Wrong Commander Red Shirt

But Jedi aren't allowed to love, Remember "Attack of the Clones"?

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Only attachment is forbidden. :techman:

19. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty sure Luke never got that lesson.

20. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

I've always thought that the Jedi did a crappy job in teaching its acolytes about attachments. They seemed to be more interested in enforcing a rule, instead of realizing that individuals will form attachments, whether they want to or not.