Spoilers Episode 7 "Nepenthe"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by NCC-73515, Feb 28, 2020.

?

Rate 1x07 Nepenthe

1. 10 - Wild Beard Riker

109 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. 9

95 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. 8

53 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. 7

21 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 6

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. 5 - Full Beard Riker

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  7. 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  10. 1 - Season 1 Riker

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

An eventual spin off from Picard is a distinct possibility.

Maybe focusing on Soji or possibly Rios, it wouldn't surprise me if CBS are watching closely to see which characters are popular and which ones are not.

At this point in time I still think the most straight forward slam dunk for CBS at this time would be a Pike/Enterprise show.

Any show set shortly after Picard would ideally need to have a main character who is well established, Worf is a candidate but I cant see them doing that while he is the Captain of the Enterprise E as we have sort of already been there before.

Personally I would love an Enterprise F show with Data as the Captain but its extremely unlikely Spiner would go for that unless they recast him into a younger version.

A lot will also depend on how this season ends never mind next season.

picardjean-luc likes this.
  2. IconianGetaway

IconianGetaway Ensign Red Shirt

Oh it was a trick no doubt. However, I do think honor maybe was a tiny part, but I don't recall her body language that much. Oh she wanted to kill Hugh and was gleeful about it.

Blip, Gonzo and Yistaan like this.
  3. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

True but I still think Discovery could end up having a gigantic reset, I doubt Burnham is just going to sit there and let it be, she does have the suit.

4. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not in the habit of trusting people I don't know--screenshots or it didn't happen.

Gov Kodos, ThreeEdgedSword and Gonzo like this.
  5. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Nah he belongs on the Enterprise, but it is hard to justify making a show when we know how it is going to end.
    She did that intentionally to make him think the fight would be purely melee, it gave her the opening to use the thrown weapons.

She made it look like she was honorable so that he would fight the same but she is most definitely not honorable.

He won't make the same mistake next time.

Blip, SolarisOne and Yistaan like this.
  6. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Multiple people confirmed the same story, also reddit users talked about the Japan slip up.

Also you can't easily upload photos as attachments unless you post them to a website (image only allows links to a url). Which puts you in trouble as the episode is officially not released. You want people to get in trouble just to satisfy your skepticism?

You'll be surprised how well you "know" someone isn't much of an indicator of trustworthiness. I knew my brother for over 30 years and never thought he was capable of doing the hazing actions he did on Thanksgiving Day a few months ago (which I had to report). And I've had a lot of help from complete strangers.

Blip, NCC-73515 and Gonzo like this.
  7. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Pictures were offered but not posted so I don't think they were allowed.

You either think the spoilers are believable or you don't, they sound believable to me and tally with what is being said elsewhere so that is good enough.

I would change a certain death but that is about it.

Blip, urbandk and Yistaan like this.
  8. Yistaan

The way this show is going I'd be more surprised if Hugh didn't die.

Blip and Gonzo like this.
  9. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Yeah there does seem to be a bit of a trend forming so I doubt we have seen the last of the deaths.

Its like I said in an earlier episode thread, Picard may well get what he wants but what will the price be and who will end up paying it.

Blip likes this.
  10. hellojane

hellojane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It was me that offered the photos and video proof, but I never got answer on what was appropriate or not so I haven't posted them. The offer still stands though.

Blip, Gonzo, ITDUDE and 2 others like this.
  11. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably better to not.

Gonzo and Yistaan like this.
  12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Don't really matter how obscure the names are. They don't have to use "Lwaxana" or "Tasha". They could use names that had absolutely no point of reference.

Blip likes this.
  13. Yistaan

Agreed. It is disturbing how people are pressuring others to possibly break rules using the "I don't know you" routine (thus forcing people to turn to shady methods to "prove" their trustworthiness).

14. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do it, do it, do it!

15. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Not only that but ViacomCBS is quick on the draw on issuing cease and desists these days. When some unreleased promo art for Disco season 3 was leaked, they were posted and quickly taken down. We don’t want the site to get in trouble.

fireproof78, Blip, NCC-73515 and 3 others like this.
  16. Yistaan

It hasn't been cleared by mods, this episode hasn't been released yet. We don't want to get in trouble with CBS unless we're told otherwise it's ok.

17. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

As others have said just leave it for now.

Talking about what you have seen is fine but posting screenshots after the episode was removed is probably a bit iffy, best to just wait, that way its a simple choice, to believe it or not.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

That is more to do with them really not liking what has been talked about for the episode.

It doesn't matter though, like or not like has nothing to do with it.

19. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I've been here for over 20 years and I've developed a sixth sense when it comes to these things. I trust them.

Besides, if it turns out this isn't what happened in the episode, we'll know in less than six days.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    NCC-73515, ITDUDE and Gonzo like this.
  20. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

They do sound legit.

Everyone will be on tenterhooks the whole episode fearing the worst.

Lord Garth likes this.