Episdoes you liked for a strange reason

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by TerranRich, Mar 12, 2007.

1. TerranRich

TerranRich Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I want to know, is there a Trek episode that you absolutely love because of one, strange, weird reason? I ask this because I recently watched the VOY episode "11:59" and I remember when it first was being advertised, I dreaded that perhaps they'd go along with the false perception that 2000 was the first year of the new millennium and that somehow they'd perpetuate this inacacuracy.

Then, the episode aired and I nearly jumped with joy and told everybody in the house at the time, when the episode stated that the Millennium Gate was to be built before the new millennium, in 2001. It made me even more happy when somebody commented that, while some people celebrated the millennium in 2000, others were celebrating the REAL millennium in 2001. That just gave me a warm feeling inside.

I was in high school at the time, and had written an article in my school's newspaper regarding the 2000/2001 inaccuracy, and I was really against those stupid t-shirts that said "01/01/00 - The New Millennium" or something. They really got me angry. Anything that misinforms pisses me off, really. :p

So yeah...any episodes you guys loved for a weird reason?

2. Mike Have-Not

Mike Have-Not Captain Captain

SF Bay Area, North American Continent, Earth, Sol
    I find there are still a lot of people who just don't get that whole millenium 2000/2001 thing. Or they just don't believe me. :mad:

But, yeah, I like the space hippy episode of TOS ("The Way to Eden", I believe), because I really dig that funky music Mr. Spock and the hippies play when they jam! And also the fact that they called Kirk a "herbert". I call people that to this day! I thought it was cool that the space hippies dug Spock and thought Kirk was a square! :thumbsup:

I also like "Future's End" eps. of Voyager because I found myself having a huge crush on Rain Robinson. And I thought the chemisty between she and Paris was better than it ever was between Paris and Torres.

And I like "The Ship" from ds9's fifth season because I think that Vorta chick is THE single hottest woman in all of Trekdom (I guess I got a thing for Vorta chicks!). :drool:

Oh, and "Plato's Stepchildren" (TOS). Can't get enough of the hilarity when Shatner is being ridden like a horse by that little person! WHen he rears back and whinnies... :guffaw: Then it fades to black for commercial break, mid-whinny! :guffaw:

Anyways. I guess that's all I think of. Oh, wait, there's that ep. of Voyager where Kim is fooled into thinking he's an alien, and he's on that ship full of hot chicks! (I like it for the hot chicks) :D

3. Mentalist

Mentalist Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have always loved the TNG episode, The Royale. I just find it a fun episode and highly rewatchable. It's a pretty stndard episode in all respects but I just like it. Probably more than is warranted.

4. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I like "Spock's Brain" precisely because it's so idiotic.

5. Mike Have-Not

Mike Have-Not Captain Captain

SF Bay Area, North American Continent, Earth, Sol
    Me, too! :thumbsup:

But, I've only ever seen it once! :(

6. Mentalist

Mentalist Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Aha, I am right there with you. I like Way to Eden as well, and totally dissagree that it is one of the "worst" episodes ever. I love the tunes.

And Rain Robinson..

Dayuum, I had a massive crush on her when I first saw that episode. Sarah Silverman is hawt.

As an aside, when installing Windows I always put "ChronoWerx" in as my computer name. :thumbsup:

7. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember liking the de-evolution, and "picard turns into a kid" episodes of TNG when I was younger. I can't really watch them now though because of the cheese factor.

8. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like this ep for the same reason, :guffaw:

I also really like The Enemy Within because of Shatner's performance as "evil" Kirk, :guffaw:

9. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

"Genesis" from the 7th Season of TNG.

Is it supposed to be a good episode? A bad episode? A guilty pleasure?

Whatever you consider it to be...I like it! :D

10. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I usually have a GOOD reason for liking episodes...

I suppose "The Royale" was one I liked for no real good reason other than it was freakin hilarious to watch Data throwing dice like that. He's got some pretty smooth moves for an android!

11. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

I really like the salt vampire!

12. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

The one where the Ent-D crew was "de-evolving". Not one of the best ones out there, but I like it for some silly reason.

13. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the Planet Africa episode in TNG's first season (forget the name) was hillariously politically incorrect. To borrow my uncle's comments, "An entire planet populated by black people, and the first thing they do when they meet the Federation is kidnap a blonde white woman!"

14. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Well, "loved" is too strong a word ... but I have a special place in my heart for ... "Threshold".

Nope. Not kidding.

It led to my second sale to Pocket Books, Strange New Worlds V. A tongue-in-cheek story about Paris and Janeway's salamander offspring called "On the Rocks." (And now, a proposed humorous novel based on them as well)

I also really like "Relics". Sort of the first melding of TOS and TNG after it was verboten for so many seasons. Helped unify the Trek world a little bit more.

And "Little Green Men" in DS9, just because it made me laugh so much. DS9 was NOT into primarily humorous episodes, but they got to break loose a little with this one.

"Ship in a Bottle" on Voyager. The first substantial contact with home and a chance for Bob Picardo to really strut some stuff.

"That Which Survives" only because I thought Lee Meriwether was THE hottest woman on TV in the 1960's, and I'm still a sucker for a bare midriff!

--Ted

15. Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn Captain Captain

The episode (Strange Bedfellows??) toward the end of DS9 where Worf breaks Weyoun's neck, this may make me sound like a psycho, but i find it absolutely hillarious, I've even been known to watch it back in slow motion, Combs expression has me in stitches. Who hasn't felt like doing that to our boss from time to time?

16. benny

benny Vice Admiral Admiral

"Suddenly Human" if only for Chad Allen. I was and remain endlessly fascinated with this episode. Unfairly maligned at times, IMHO.

17. cwalrus2

cwalrus2 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For TOS

The Conscience of the King - good episode anyway but I enjoy the Shakespeare references, plus Lenore is hot :drool:

Arena - we get to see a Gorn even though the costume looks completely ridiculous now.

Wolf in the Fold: solves the Jack the Ripper Case and proves Patricia Cornwell is wrong

TNG

Peak Performance: I love the Pakled's arrogance and then watching Data work his way into a draw. Also, I always keep hoping to see the simulation go through as planned just to see who would win in a strategic battle between Riker and Picard even though I know every time I watch it that it won't happen

The Next Phase: I love rewatching this episode. It's one of my favorites that I rewatch more than most other favorite episodes. I love Data's funeral party for Geordi (I wished they would have referenced it in Nemesis - even though I knew they wouldn't). Plus, it's the only reference to the two hour Bajoran Death Chant which I was looking for when DS9 started, but unfortunately they never referenced it again.

Frame of Mind - it's a great episode anyway, but I love the surreal scenes of the audience members clapping while Riker is really getting upset towards the end.

DS9

Battle Lines: I keep rooting for Kai Opaka to make it out of there so that Kai Winn won't come to power but it keeps happening every single time (Damn it!!!!!)

Civil Defense: I just love the comedic value of this episode with the old Cardassian Defense systems kicking in. It's almost like DS9's version of a National Lampoon's movie. Plus, I love Garak's interaction with Dukat. You can tell Dukat is really pissed that he didn't program the system to spare every Cardassian except Garak.

Little Green Men - the mystery of what happened at Roswell is solved. Plus we get this great dialogue

"The first landing parties will arrive here."
    "Where?"
    "Here, right by this blue blob."
    "You mean your people are going to invade... Cleveland?"

I love to see the expression on everyone's face during that sequence. It's classic

Body Parts: Quark's reaction to the fact he doesn't have Dorek's syndrome:

Quark: Do you know what this means?

Rom: You're not going to die

Quark: It means I get to sue Dr (forgot his name) for malpractice!!!!

Take Me out to the Holosuite: I just love this episode even though a lot of people hate it. I'm a huge baseball fan I just love all the dialgue and funny moments in it. I can understand why some people don't like it because we have the crew focussing on playing baseball instead of the war, but there are some really great moments for baseball fans.

They just... chewed it?"
    "No, they infused the gum with flavor."
    "What flavor did you infuse it with?"
    "Scotch."

- Julian Bashir and Miles O'Brien

"How are my casualties doing?"
    "We'll live."
    "If you believe Julian. Personally, I'm not sure I'm going to make it."

- Benjamin Sisko, Kira Nerys, and Ezri Dax

"Let's hear some chatter!"
    "Death to the opposition!"

- Benjamin Sisko and Worf

"You can't tell me that ball was over the plate. What were you doing, regenerating?"

- Benjamin Sisko to Odo

"'No player shall at any time make contact with the umpire in any manner.' The prescribed penalty for the violation is immediate ejection from the game. Rule number four point zero six, subsection (a), paragraph four — look it up, but do it in the stands. You're gone!"

- Odo to Benjamin Sisko

"What do I do?"
    "Find him and kill him!"

- Nog and Worf, upon realizing that the Logician runner didn't touch home plate

"Did I forget to wear my spots today?"
    "All that intelligence and he still doesn't know what a human looks like!"

- Ezri and Quark, after Ezri was called a "human" by Solok.

18. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I always enjoy campy episodes like "Spock's Brain", "Genesis" and "Threshold". As bad as they are, they never fail to entertain me.

I like watching "The Omega Glory" for Kirk's "E Pleb Neesta" speech. It's not often you find cheese like that.

I get a kick out of the groovy hippies in "The Way to Eden".

"Hide and Q" for getting to see Wesley run through with a sword.

As bad as "Q-Less" is, it's worth it just to see Sisko deck Q.

I like "Move Along Home" anyway, but watching Avery Brook's pained expression while singing the Allamaraine ditty is an added bonus.

"The Fight" is a jumbled mess, but I like watching it just to to see if I can make some sense of the episode. The execution was poor, but I thought the story itself had potential.

19. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I don't remember... was there a giant ape in this episode?

20. benny

benny Vice Admiral Admiral

One of my early favorite shows. Rather kinetic, gets the crew doing something new...and Q!

Me too. The entire board game was very fun.