Enterprise in the UK

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by MoonTrek, Sep 25, 2007.

1. MoonTrek

MoonTrek Ensign

Just a warning to any UK viewers who still enjoy watching Star Trek : Enterprise, starting on Monday 8th October the series moves to Virgin 1 - the first episode is on at 9pm.

The new channel launches on 1st October on Virgin TV channel 122, Freeview channel 20 and Sky channel 153.

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks. I'm looking forward to catching an episode of Enterprise each week. I wonder whether they're showing it wide? Not that it matters I'll be tuning in anyhow. Most shows still seem to be 4:3 partial letterbox on UK Gold etc. Since everyone has 16:9 TVs today, I'd have thought cropping would've been phased out by now.

I just caught what seems to be the all-purpose trailer for Star Trek... (during The X-Files on FTN freeview ch20) and *ahem*, it's the decon scene. Still at least it's more publicity than Sky did in later years. :lol:

3. ChristopherPike

4. ChristopherPike

ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin1 (Freeview Ch 20, Sky 153)

Just a quick reminder that Enterprise begins again tomorrow on British TV. :thumbsup:

Some interesting vox pops have appeared on their website:

http://virgin1.virginmedia.com/startrek

5. ChristopherPike

ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin 1 (Freeview Ch 20, Sky 153)

Starting tonight, once a week beginning with Broken Bow Part I. :thumbsup:

- - - - - - - - -

On before it, at 8pm is Deep Space Nine's Babel. DS9 is currently shown twice a day by the channel and drew 226,000 viewers last Tuesday. See reports over here at MediaGuardian: October 2 and October 1.

Figures are much lower for multichannel platforms like Cable & Satellite compared to the main five UK terrestrial channels. The Riches starring Eddie Izzard is currently the highest rating on Virgin 1 with 323,000.

6. Eagle

Eagle Commander Red Shirt

Nearly everyone - I still need to wait until my current sets pack in. One of 'em is nearly 20 years old, so it could go at anytime, I hope :lol:.

RE: DS9 on Virgin 1

I tuned in last week for DS9 but missed those shown on Sat and Sun because on freeview it doesn't show a later screening :brickwall:.

But I will be there in the future for Enterprise on Mondays :thumbsup:.

7. ChristopherPike

^ Yes, that is frustrating. The channel has to share with cookery programmes from UK Bright Ideas. So I can't get DS9 on Sat/Sun either.

I watch on a 28" wide CRT with set-top box built in. I've bowed to pressure and put my old 25" Sony Trinitron in the backroom with my VHS. Shame because that had a far better sound system. I just don't seem as gadget minded as I used to, or else I'd have a Plasma or LCD by now. Like you I'll wait until I have to upgrade.

8. Eagle

Eagle Commander Red Shirt

Re: ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin 1 (Freeview Ch 20, Sky 153)

Actually about an hour ago I just got my Freecom Freeview USB DVB-T stick to work on my new Dell desktop PC. That has a 22" wide screen monitor, which works great with Vista Media Center :) after persistent attempts with the new drivers that is - sorry, sounds like I'm bragging hehe but I'm just chuffed I got it to work :). I didn't actually buy my PC to watch or record TV on so it looks like I got more value for my money after all.

9. ChristopherPike

Virgin 1 ran a brief trailer for Enterprise during Deep Space Nine. The clip was again from 'Broken Bow' where Archer kisses Sarin, then her transformation into her normal Suliban look.

10. MoonTrek

MoonTrek Ensign

Re: ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin 1 (Freeview 20, Virgin TV 122)

Will be tuning in for the second part of Broken Bow tonight, will probably watch DS9 as well.

11. ChristopherPike

Re: ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin 1 (Freeview 20, Virgin TV 122)

Caught it. Anyone notice they messed the aspect ratio up a bit? On Freeview it switched from 4:3 letterbox to 16:9 and back again, around 10 minutes in.

12. ChristopherPike

13. ChristopherPike

ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin 1 (Freeview 20, Sky 153, Virgin 122)

Great early episode tonight. :thumbsup:

"Fight or Flight"

I remember it showed a lot of promise for the prequel concept. First use of the EV suits. Dangerous away mission into the unknown.

14. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin 1 (Freeview 20, Sky 153, Virgin

Just watching "Fight or Flight" now. Nice to watch the earlier episodes before they dived into their story arcs.

15. ChristopherPike

Re: ENT Mondays 9pm Virgin 1 (Freeview 20, Sky 153)

I liked how they put their own spin on the classic show's human/vulcan/human conflict. Here though, the Captain having listened to his Science Officer, does the exact opposite! The scene at Captain's table evoked that approach to discussion and problem solving for me. Showing his concerns in private and away from the bridge, with his two senior officers.

I have to laugh at the final scene where they drop 'Sluggo' off though... you just know seconds after Hoshi and Phlox are gone, the poor worm is being ripped apart by vicious predators. :lol: