Enterprise cameos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Voth commando1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    There has been some intermittent discussion on having an ENT character appear in the pilot episode, as we know having a character appear from a previous series is a time honored Trek tradition. Who do you think would make a good or appropriate cameo appearance?

Archer/Bakula
    T/Pol/Blalock
    Phlox
    Trip(to make everyone happy)
    Reed/Keating(maybe?)
    Daniels(this will be controversial)

So what do y'all think. Who would make a good cameo appearance? Do you want a cameo appearance? If not why not?

2. Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror Commodore Commodore

We are talking about a 100 years later. I don't think any human would be alive.

3. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

I don't know how long Denobulans are supposed to live. I don't remember if that was mentioned in the show. T'Pol might still be around. In Trek they have typically shown human lifespans as being not substantially longer in the future than they are now, so the humans would be tough to have, unless they do something like "Relics", time travel or other special device.

4. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Aging is biological, which in all likely hood will be fixed this century sometime. And when humans are immortal and continue reproducing at their current rate, we'll run out of food and we'll all die. Then aliens will land and assume control of the planet. After visiting and finally comprehending the purpose behind a creationist museum, they'll hurriedly leave and never come back.

ozzfloyd, Michael and Mirror Mirror like this.
  5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lorien as a Starfleet captain would be my choice of an ENT cameo.

Zonker and Markonian like this.
  6. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

T'Pol, Phlox or even possibly T'Pau, since she had a three-episode arc (Kir'Shara etc) in Ent, and appeared in TVH.

I'm pretty sure we won't get a cameo, though. They didn't do that with the first episode of ENT. If anything, the torch-passing will be from Kelvin Timeline, not from ENT.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

They did with Zefram Cochrane, which was the closest they could get anyway.

8. Phil123

Phil123 Commander Red Shirt

I'd be happy with Phlox or no one in the trailer, then maybe a time travel episode later featuring others. Possibly the Discovery going back to 10 years after the end of ENT, and we could see what they all got up to! Plus it could bridge some of the history between the shows.

Maybe even a Romulan War 2 part time travel special. Fan dreaming I know, but it would be awesome.

9. Jim Gamma

Cochrane was from the TNG movies and TOS, not from VOY, which is what would've been a "last show to this show" torch-passing, but I do take your point - I'd forgotten he was in Broken Bow. :)

10. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Logically speaking, ENT could never have had a VOY cameo, because ENT took place over a century earlier. Cochrane was the best they could do - a character from a movie (ST:FC) which predated ENT.

11. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Archer was supposed to have lived until the launch of the 1701 Enterprise and the JJ films implied he was still around recently and still had beagles. He was one of the older members of the crew, except for T'Pol, so it's possible a few of them are still around. Don't people live until around 140?

Markonian likes this.
  12. Jim Gamma

True, barring time travel, @Mr. Laser Beam, and like I said, I take your point. I'm just noting the tradition isn't universal. :)
    In any case, we already know Sarek will appear, so maybe he's another possible torch-passer for Discovery?

Edit: Technically, Cochrane was TOS - he appeared in an episode with a cloud being called the Companion. </pedant> Too lazy to look up the title.

13. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

McCoy was 137 (and counting) on TNG

14. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Archer should be dead, per IMAD Part 2. T'Pol more likely than T'Pau.

15. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Sure, why not? I wanna see Admiral Charles Tucker III.

Jesse1066 likes this.
  16. Jesse1066

Jesse1066 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That might require a tiny retcon (that I would fully support).

137th Gebirg likes this.
  17. Mr. Laser Beam

If Connor Trinneer turns up, he should play Lee Kelso.

I mean, wasn't Kelso supposed to have grown up in an orphanage? He could be a Charles Tucker VI or VII or whatever and not even know it.

And they DO look alike...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Psion and F. King Daniel like this.
  18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Old T'Pol in Season 3's E² was older then she would be if she were to show up in Discovery, so it is certainly possible.

She was 117 years older in E² after being thrown back in time from 2154.
    While in Discovery she would be closer to 101 years older from 2154.

183 years old in E², compared to a possible 167 years old in Discovery (if it is 2255)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  19. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Come to think of it, doesn't Sarek already fill the role of a traditional “pass the torch” character? The cameos of McCoy in “Encounter at Farpoint”, Picard in “Emissary”, Quark in “Caretaker” and Cochrane in “Broken Bow” always seemed to serve the writer's desire to appease the audience, “Yes, this is your Star Trek. It's going to be just as legit as what you know and love. Trust us!”

20. Mr. Laser Beam

And since T'Pol will no longer be suffering from Trellium-D poisoning, she won't look as old in DSC's time as she did in E².