ENT Pros and Cons Game

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Vger23, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Vger23

Vger23 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since everyone eventually loves to come down on only one side of an argument...I propose a game of Pro's and Con's.

Rules:

• Each individual post only contains ONE "pro" and ONE "con"
    • You must post one of each
    • You cannot post another pair until someone else posts.
    • You cannot post a tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic excuse for a pro or con just to try and be funny. Example:
    PRO: It was teh awesome
    CON: It ended too soon!!!1!1!!!1! Har Har Har!!!!1!
    • You cannot post a very weak Pro or Con coupled with a very strong opposite to try and prove how witty you are ;) Example:
    PRO: Archer's hair in "Strange New World" was ok I guess
    CON: The existence of the series!!! HAR HAR HAR!!!1!!1!

Let the games begin!

2. Vger23

I'll start...

PRO: Chemistry / friendship between Archer and Tucker
    CON: Mayweather not a compelling character

3. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

PRO: The NX-01. Futuristic and realistic. A perfect blend of Trek canon and technology that existed at the time of production.

CON: The "Xindi" weren't named the "Xendi" (a race brought up in TNG). All the wanking about "canon violations" a simple naming could have made season 3 more palatable for more folks.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Vger23

PRO: Phlox is an awesome character, as is the idea for the "interspecies medical exchange"
    CON: Phase Cannons and Photonic Torpedoes as older tech was kinda lame

5. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Majority of the NX-01's command crew should have been composed of CONS ... ex-cons. Promised complete pardons from life sentences for a few years of service on the ship.

The exception was Trip, he is a long time PRO, never been caught. He's on the ship working a deal for the five families in New York.

GNDN18 likes this.
  6. GNDN18

GNDN18 Truculent Premium Member

That might work.
    DBCC91D2-8861-4EBE-A6AC-83165E73AC47.gif

7. Graham

Graham Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Pro : Season 4 as a whole. I adored all the little tie-ins to TOS that Manny Coto did.

Con : I didn't care for the NX-01 exterior design, which I thought looked far too much like later era ships.

Bry_Sinclair likes this.
  8. Yanks

Precursor to the Akira. Very logical.

9. Yanks

PRO: Archer and T'Pol's growing relationship throughout the series.

CON: Future Guy. While time travel is a staple in Trek, they went too far here.

10. Vger23

PRO: Generally more natural dialogue and less-stilted interactions than 24th century shows
    CON: A lot of the production design

11. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

PRO: Romance between T'Pol and Tucker, instead of T'Pol and Archer.

CON: the Romulan ship that could dodge fire by spinning once on it's long axis and moving slightly to one side. Just fire a damned nuke at it already.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  12. Trapper Keeper

Trapper Keeper Lieutenant Red Shirt

PRO: Updating the Andorians and Tellarites and filling in their backstories.

CON: The writers inexplicably writing Borg and Ferengi into ENT episodes, then stretching credibility by bending over backwards trying to explain how they remain "unknown" for another several centuries.

13. Graham

Graham Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Two sides of the same coin...

PRO : I really liked that they used shuttlecraft a lot more than subsequent series. It was one of the few ways this show felt genuinely less advanced.

CON : Actually I wish they hadn't had a transporter at all on the show. At least, not a proper operational one. Maybe have an episode where the very first transporter system is tested, in place of that warp transport thing in Daedalus.

14. sekundant

sekundant Ensign Red Shirt

PRO: News stories about Vulcans, Andorians and Tellarites which made all these communities and their cultures more dimensional. After ENT, a believable Vulcan story cannot written which is only about Spock or Sarek-like Vulcans.

CON: To much recycled stories without any need, e.g. Precious Cargo ( Elaan of Troyius-TOS, The Perfect Mate-TNG), Dawn ( Darmok, The Enemy- TNG, Gravity-VOY), and I have to say -sorry guys, I like the episode but- aftertaste of E² (Children of time-DS9)

Trapper Keeper likes this.
  15. Abi Smith

Abi Smith Lieutenant Red Shirt

PRO: Showing a Mirror Universe with more than one three dimensional character.
    CON: Explaining Klingon foreheads

16. Trapper Keeper

Trapper Keeper Lieutenant Red Shirt

PRO: Uniform design. Realistic and functional.

CON: Theme song. :ack: Initially bad, then worsened when they tried to fix it.