Dreamweaver help?

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by mostlyharmless, Jan 4, 2008.

1. mostlyharmless

mostlyharmless Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Mac to Leopard with a clean install. Before doing so, I moved all my Dreamweaver files to an external hard drive.

After the install, I moved the files back, and re-installed Dreamweaver. But when I go to "manage sites" to reconnect to my server, there are no sites in the window!

How do I re-establish my connection?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I use Dreamweaver on Windows, but maybe this will still help. From the Manage Sites dialog box, there are two buttons "Export" and "Import". These allow you to export and import "site definition files" (file extension '.ste') that store all of your site profile info (server paths, file locations, etc). The last time I changed systems, I had to export each of my sites to an ste file, then import them each on the new machine.

This may also help:

Link to Adobe

Note, my experience is with DW versions MX 2004 and 8. Earlier or later versions may differ.

3. mostlyharmless

mostlyharmless Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks...
    Unfortunately, I do no think I saved the .ste files when I copied all the website stuff to my external drive.

Ug. I don't have any clue how to access my website from Dreamweaver to update it.