Dream Star Trek Lego Sets

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Bry_Sinclair, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Imagine that Lego and CBS entered into an agreement to launch licensed Lego sets for Star Trek, though with the agreement that each series would be limited to 8 sets. Choose a series and think of which eight rooms/locations you'd want to see made into Lego, and which minifigures you'd like to see included.

I'll start with DS9 (I know a shocker :lol:), thinking that it would feature the first uniform style:

Operations
    • Commander/Captain Sisko
    • Major Kira
    • Lieutenant/Lt. Commander Dax
    • Chief O'Brien
    • Bajoran Militia Officer
    • Starfleet Officer

Promenade
    • Security Chief Odo
    • Jake Sisko
    • Garak
    • Kasidy Yates
    • Bajoran Deputy
    • Kiosk Owner
    • Bajoran Monk
    • Traveller
    • Traveller

Quark's (connects to the Promenade set)
    • Quark
    • Rom
    • Nog
    • Leeta
    • Morn
    • Bar Patron
    • Bar Patron
    • Bar Patron

Security Office (connects to the Promenade set)
    • Security Chief Odo
    • Lt. Commander Eddington
    • Bajoran Deputy
    • Criminal

Infirmary (connects to the Promenade set)
    • Doctor Bashir
    • Bajoran Nurse
    • Patient

U.S.S. Rio Grande
    • Doctor Bashir
    • Chief O'Brien

U.S.S. Defiant Bridge
    • Major Kira
    • Lt. Commander Worf
    • Chief O'Brien
    • Starfleet Officer

Sisko's Office (connects to the Operations set)
    • Gul Dukat

ALF likes this.
  2. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I'd create sets of different ships with removable bridge domes that could fit mini-figures, I think kreo did something like this? But I'd use ships and characters from prime Trek and Dsc (no JJ).

I'd make sets of the TOS Enterprise, Enterprise-D, Defiant, Voyager, NX-01, Discovery, a Klingon D-7, a Klingon bird of prey, a Romulan warbird, a Jem'Hadar fighter, and a huge Borg cube set that nobody but adult collectors would afford. :)

ALF likes this.
  3. Tflockj

Tflockj Ensign Red Shirt

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Lego Star Trek would be really cool. I remember building a Lego Enterprise back in the 1970's. As Lego hadn't come out with too many specialized parts, I remember that mine had a squarish saucer section. I would go for the ships for sure, and a TOS bridge.

There's a company based here in MN where I'm at that makes all sorts of Lego sets, mostly military out of Lego parts and sells them. They did make some custom Star Trek mini-figures. I bought the Kirk, Spock and the captains chair.

They're not cheap, but very cool: https://www.brickmania.com/sci-fi-minifigs/

Bry_Sinclair, ALF and Seven of Five like this.
  4. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah!!
    Anyone a fan of either the Kre-O 2009 Star Trek line:
    https://ca.startrek.com/article/hasbros-kre-o-star-trek-building-sets-available-nowhttps://ca.startrek.com/article/hasbros-kre-o-star-trek-building-sets-available-now

..or the Mega Bloks collection from 2016?
    https://lists.trekcollective.com/2016/03/meg-bloks-star-trek-construction-toys.html

Lego has done an expansive job with Star Wars and numerous other licensed properties in the past 20 years and it would be wild to see what they could do with Star Trek. The recent gigantic Deep Space Nine moc from Brickworld Chicago was inspiration but I'd personally prefer something I could logistically build and put on a table like this dandy: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-0048/conv-sjaacko/deep-space-9-space-station/#comments

I would want ships and scenes from the films! Where possible, saucers or dorsal hulls are removed to expose a bridge or at least some seating areas to jam figures:
    • D-7 Three pack with V'Ger. (Spacesuit Spock, Kirk, 3 Klingon Commanders)
    • USS Reliant - reveals bridge/Genesis in the transporter room. (Krudge, Kirk, Savvik, David)
    • Krudge's Bird-of-Prey and the USS Grissom. (Krudge, Estaban)
    • Enterprise-B -reveals bridge and defector control. Action feature is ejecting Captain Kirk into the nexus! (Kirk, Scotty, Chekov, Dr. Soran, Capt Harriman)
    • Enterprise-E vs Ru'afo's ship and another Son'a ship (Riker, Ru'afo, Gallatin)
    • Lursa/B'etor vs Separating Enterprise D. (Lursa, B'etor, Picard, Geordi, Dr. Crusher)
    • The 3000+ piece set would be the Scimitar vs Enterprise-E showdown. (Shinzon, Reman Viceroy, Picard, Troi)
    • The 3500+ piece set would be USS Enterprise-A and USS Excelsior vs Chang's prototype bird-of-prey.
    • The 4000+ piece set would be ridiculous: First Contact with Enterprise-E, Phoenix, Queen's Borg Cube and Borg sphere... and of course the USS Defiant to round out the battle!
    • (We need a cheap set) Argo buggy (Picard, Data, Worf, B4)
    San Diego Comic Con exclusive: Yosemite campfire. (Kirk, Spock and McCoy)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019