Dream episode

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Voodoowoman2, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Voodoowoman2

Voodoowoman2 Commander Red Shirt

If you could write an episode of any incarnation of Star Trek what would be in it?
    Here's mine.
    Despite the fact that Dr. Chapel becomes director of operations and weather control for earth I have her putting that aside to delve into whatever she got out of Korbys computer at the end of What are Little Girls made of?
    Yes, she claims the computer was destroyed but she was very anxious to get there and had been a CO researcher with him. She must be brilliant. Spock also is very interested in the fate of that data.
    Chapel has it. Could she be Datas great grandma?

lazarus+ and Tracy Trek like this.
  2. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps actually write it in the form of a short story/novella. I'd imagine lots of people's Trek fan fiction comes from the idea of their dream episode. Not all, but some. You could even post it in the fan fiction section of this forum.

I think that if I ever had a "Dream episode" or other story to trek story to tell, I would do that.

3. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

A TNG followup to Conspiracy where the Enterprise discovers that there are still starships infested with the parasites.

A TNG episode which explores the Borg in greater detail. Maurice Hurley said that the Borg in Q Who only represented one type of Borg in their insect-like community.

4. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

The Sisko come back to Kassidy and Jake

lazarus+ and Armus like this.
  5. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

DS9 Season 8 would be filled with my dream episodes. Bajor is now part of the Federation. The Federation assists the rebuilding of Cardassia after the destrucution by the Dominion. The Federation has a treaty with the founders and assists them in dismantling the Dominion. Now that the Dominion is gone there is a power vacuum and freedom in the Gamma Quadrant. DS9 is the base for starships to explore it.

Orphalesion and Sidewinder like this.
  6. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Commander Red Shirt

I love the way you think!

:beer:

Voodoowoman2 and Armus like this.
  7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I would like to see one more episode of Voyager that truly concludes the series. The finale was too abrupt, and we missed out on the reunions, the celebrations, the inquiries, the disappointments, etc. I think there's room for a lot of closure that they missed by having Voyager appear at Earth and then just cut.

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An Epsidoe that actually establishes..well...something....anything.... interesting or well thought-out about Betazed. You'd think a planet full of people who are in constant extra-sensory empathic or even telepathic rapport with one another could be very interesting to explore.
    The writers of TNG apparently didn't think that way.... I guess between the Lwaxana "comedy" episodes and all the episodes/two-parters about Klingons there probably wasn't room for that.:shrug:

lazarus+ and Voodoowoman2 like this.
  9. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Dream episodes - a season of Destiny, The Typhon Pact and The Fall novels televised

Tracy Trek and Kilana2 like this.
  10. Voodoowoman2

Voodoowoman2 Commander Red Shirt

Slamming Majel Roddenberry is silly.

11. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I’d probably write stories around 2380 focusing on DS9 and Voy characters if I wrote fanfic.

Like, the Equinox crew get out of prison and deal with life moving forward. One trying to reapply to Starfleet, one just trying to retire anonymously, one leaving, all dealing with accepting responsibility for what they did.

Or, a story of an augment who is barred from real jobs and shops out her abilities for other groups. She tries Ferengi first then is approached by Garak and S31 and has to figure out what she truly believes.

Or, 8472 now calmed down from having a vaccine to the nanoprobe weapon explores actual diplomatic relations with Earth, Janeway has to broker this and both sides deal with saboteurs and dissent.

Or, just a story about the Vidians rebuilding their society and dealing with their past crimes. Like one faction wants to make reparations from decades of murder, one says it’s okay because it was necessary, one wants to erase it from history books, etc.

Tracy Trek, lazarus+ and Armus like this.
  12. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Decades? If I recall correctly the Phage started destroying Vidiian society 2 millennia ago, so very likely they have been murdering for many, many centuries. How do you erase such a long peeiod from your history books, or, for that matter, make adequate reparations for that?

lazarus+ likes this.
  13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd probably do a better Enterprise conclusion. There's soooooo much wrong with "These Are the Voyages"

14. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

It was a FAAAKKKKKEEEE!!!!

lazarus+, Henoch and Armus like this.
  15. JirinPanthosa

I was guessing the time period.

And, exactly. Most Vidians I think would want to paint the phage period as the story of being unfortunately forced to act in survival necessity. Painting their victims as necessary sacrifices and savages, the full Christopher Colombus treatment.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    lazarus+ likes this.
  16. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

knowing what we know now, though, did Janeway pick the right future. If she'd been shown both alternatives, what would she have picked

Tracy Trek and F. King Daniel like this.
  17. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Episodes based on these novels:
    Uhura's Song
    Tears of the Singers
    The Wounded Sky
    Imzadi

18. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice idea, except-- why would the Dominion ever go along with that?. The Dominion in its entirety was not defeated, only the alpha quadrant invasion stopped, and from the perspective of the Dominion, that may have been a relatively small operation. And it remains to be seen if Odo will be able to convince them to trust the solids. At the least, I would expect that to take quite some time, given how deeply rooted their distrust seems.

Armus likes this.
  19. JirinPanthosa

The Dominion is not dismantled, they are just no longer at war with AQ powers.

How do we know the Endgame future really was better as a whole? Aside from one character it clearly worked out better for who I can’t mention without spoiler tags. We don’t see enough to know that people weren’t becoming xenophobic. The only major difference for these timelines is no crushing blow to the Borg.

We don’t know if/how that might have prevented certain events happening on Mars, we may learn that in a few weeks. That might be the interesting question there, if it turns out without the Borg trans warp hub being destroyed and collective crippled, that does not happen, and whether that is truly better for the galaxy on the whole. Because without that incident, the idealism probably doesn’t go away.

20. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd just re-film Rescue From Gilligan's Island with the Voyager cast, changing the script as little as possible.

In tribute to Tina Louise refusing to come back as Ginger, Seven of Nine would be played by a different actress.

Orphalesion likes this.