dragoncon

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by data_lover, Mar 2, 2010.

1. data_lover

data_lover Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

so im thinking about heading to dragoncon this year. it will be my first big con and quite the trip to do it, however, i have a small (thought it may turn out to be large) hesitation. i noticed that several of the "twilight" actors are on the roster. i dont take issue with the books or movies, but will this change the con? is it going to be me mucking through screaming 15 year old girls all weekend?

2. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

In a convention that routinely gets 40,000 people every year, the Twilight fangirls will probably be unnoticeable.

3. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

DragonCon is wall-to-wall people anyway, I'm afraid. If you don't like being up close and personal with *lots* of people, this probably isn't the con for you.

That said, it's also a very spread out con, using all of the public space in 3 or 4 major downtown hotels. It shouldn't be hard for you to see if whatever you're interested in is likely to be in the same area as the Twilighters.

Have fun, get enough rest, drink plenty of water and wear comfortable shoes and clothing.

Jan

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

As noted, don't let the Twilight faction give you any hesitation. There will be so much going on its likely you'll not even see them unless the signing is going on next door or near something you are interested in. Even then if it wasn't Twilighters it would be Browncoats, Trekkies or something else.