Doud Drexler and startup

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by xortex, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Does anyone know how to reach him. I have a sci-fi franchise pilot he might be interested in. I see why he wasn't interested in the design aesthetics of Space Command. I don't like it either and I believe that along with the music is very important to the visual experience. Is it going to make money? If getting a few big people involved can net a quarter million and sidestep network interference, it's worth it for the integrity of the show and those involved else we get ringleaders like JJ Adams, er, Abrams and his sadistic predatorial lot or more Bermans. There's plenty of them. It's either a suit or a son of a suit. Take your pick.

2. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

:guffaw::guffaw:

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

He's pretty open about being reached. Anyone with half a brain can do that, but...yeah.

What beamMe said.

4. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I think you mean Doug.

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yeah, you might want to get his name spelled right if you're going to try to convince him to buy something you've written.

I also know for a fact that he liked the new movie, and probably had a good working relationship with Berman, so I'd steer clear of those nonsensical disparaging comments about him and Abrams you've made in your post here.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  6. xortex

Berman is gone. I could be as disparaging as I ever was about him now. Obscene amounts of money can make anyone friends, but does anyone have his e-mail? Doug that is.

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

And how exactly are you or Doug going to make "obscene amounts of money" on a fan project?

8. xortex

I'm talking JJ.

9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Or maybe it's cause he's seen in Hollywood as a talented filmmaker, and a rising star in the Directorial field?

But no, its just a bunch of money.

10. xortex

What's it all about, Alfie? MONEY. JJ is not a Trek fan. Even GR knew that.

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm sure Drexler will just be dying to work with you.

Let us all know how that turns out, k?

12. xortex

Drexler is all about Star Trek, not money and power. Only in relation to guys like JJ is he all about money.

13. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Being able to execute is something else.

14. xortex

Ideas are qualitative and inversely proportional to the approach and execution. If ideas are a dime a dozen and meaningless, then what was the point of getting rid of Drexler on Space Command? Star Trek is the only place where story concepts are not king. Doug was there to conceptualize the universe. Another casualty of power and politics. Zicree is full of himself. It would have helped if he got out of his own way.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Just saw Doug last month, he stopped by the show we put on for Walter Koenig. After Space Command, Doug is very selective (as he should be) about what he gets involved with these days. I can't give out any contact info but he is on Facebook if you want to send him a message.

16. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

You're basically restating my point and not effectively countering it.

Reality: Like him or not, Zicree has some track record writing TV shows, so he brings an idea and practical experience to the table, to which an artist like Drexler brings something else. But if a fan has an idea for a TV show/movie/whatever but no practical/proven experience, that's a different and far-riskier proposition for the pro, and they wisely give situations like that a wide berth.

17. xortex

That's like marrying someone for money.

18. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, I think a fan with a great idea for a pilot should simply step over someone like Doud Drexled and start romancing Christy Walton. She is the world's richest woman. After she is seduced into marriage, her love and her $25.3 billion fortune would surely allow for production of any project. The integrity of the franchise, as envisioned, would be preserved.... well out of reach of the clutches of anyone who would want to interfere.

.....Does anyone have her email?

19. xortex

She wants your ideas, does she? Try romancing the sultan of Brunaii. You get F'd either way, and all for a good cause. I'm still trying to romance Jessica Simpson.

Um, is she pretty?

20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Drexler posts regularly on Facebook, just friend him and spam his page.

I'll keep an eye out for you over there..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.