Donny's TUC Enterprise-A Interiors

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, Jan 25, 2017.

1. sintesi

sintesi Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I wondered how people were doing that without a big copy-and-paste expedition--thanks!

cardinal biggles likes this.
  2. Maurice

Maurice Fact Trekker Premium Member

Yeah. The moderators consider multiple consecutive posts in a row as spamming, so you'll want to not do that 3-in-a-row posts thing again. :)

sintesi likes this.
  3. K1productions

K1productions Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Donny, do you have a color palette guide for the Enterprise-A control consoles you made?

4. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

To be honest, the colors I used I'm not satisfied with, as I think my "true blue" is off hue. So whenever I do get back to tackling the screens (I prefer to make them all myself), I'm probably going to recolor them.

5. K1productions

K1productions Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I see. I am not happy with the colors I am using, even though it is from a complete color guide I had found ages before.
    [​IMG]

I have been trying to find a better one without much luck. I will say at the very least, the colors you use look better than mine lol

Galileo7 likes this.
  6. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't trust any third party color guides. LCARS colors are generally hard to determine, since the colors are heavily influenced by their backlit nature, the film quality, film stock, lighting, color grading, etc. In any case, I find that many fan-made LCARS use overly saturated colors. Try picking hues that look good to you and then drop the saturation by 25 percent.

Also, feel free to PM me with specific questions like this. No need to ask publicly in a thread in which the project isn't currently active :)

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

I’m wondering if something like this would be known by the Okudas.