Donny's TOS Enterprise Interiors

I wasn't aware of that; doesn't that make it almost as large as the Bridge? I'll admit, when I was scaling the image of the briefing room to fit the stage plan, I was making sure the doors matched in size and assumed Firebird had gotten the measurements of the room correct. :o
I was eyeballing a lot of the dimensions when I put my drawings together, so it’s more than likely I didn’t have the briefing room scaled correctly. Or it’s probable the briefing room layout I scanned from the old ST Magazine article wasn’t correct.

I would not be surprised if the original intention was that “Cage” briefing room was directly below the bridge - thus a similar diameter and turbolift entry directly into the room. I know that’s how I read it when I fleshed out Jefferies’ cross section.
And then Pike's quarters could be nearby on the outer edge of Deck 2 or 3, accounting for the curved wall and light source/maybe porthole?

@Donny - that sounds exciting!

I wasn't aware of that; doesn't that make it almost as large as the Bridge?

No worries. I don't think the attempt to camera-match the pilot briefing room had been done before (I had googled for references and what Firebird had was really what was available at the time.) It is about the same diameter of the bridge.

I would not be surprised if the original intention was that “Cage” briefing room was directly below the bridge - thus a similar diameter and turbolift entry directly into the room. I know that’s how I read it when I fleshed out Jefferies’ cross section.

I think so too. But funny enough when I look at the cross section in TMOST it almost looks like the pilot briefing room is where the bridge is. When I look there I see the box shape representing the angled struts and ceiling. It lacks the bridge's center pit...:)

View attachment 20557
Not seeing what you see, but for the record...

It's probably from me looking at the pilot briefing room too much. This is what I see in the cross section (top). The bridge, in my opinion, isn't properly represented in the cross-section. I modified the TMOST cross section on the bottom with what I expected to see for the bridge. :)

TMOST-cross-section.png

I see where you're coming from.

I know the section's highly schematic, but I don't think the scales match up at all.

Based on that, the Briefing Room would be roughly half the height of the corridor.

The pit on the bridge is probably 300-400mm deep. at most it would be about half the thickness on any of the deck lines - you can't see it because it's too small to be perceptible.

dJE

It's probably from me looking at the pilot briefing room too much. This is what I see in the cross section (top). The bridge, in my opinion, isn't properly represented in the cross-section. I modified the TMOST cross section on the bottom with what I expected to see for the bridge. :)

TMOST-cross-section.png

I see where you're coming from.

I know the section's highly schematic, but I don't think the scales match up at all.

Based on that, the Briefing Room would be roughly half the height of the corridor.

The pit on the bridge is probably 300-400mm deep. at most it would be about half the thickness on any of the deck lines - you can't see it because it's too small to be perceptible.

dJE

True, the scales are a bit wonky - just looking at the turbolift at the bridge it's half the height of the floors below (or the A frames are twice as tall.) But just commenting on the shape in the room it most resembles the briefing room structure, IMHO. :)

Like I say, I see where you're coming from. If anything, there's an argument for interpreting the rectangle in what we know to be the bridge as the briefing table lmao

dJE

Back