Does Anyone Know Where I can Buy Deepspace Nine and Voyager?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dark_Intel, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Dark_Intel

Dark_Intel Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone! Recently I've started buying DVD's of all of my favorite Movies and TV series. However, I'm having a hard time finding a place to buy Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Voyager TV series. I've spotted Deep Space nine (the complete series) for just under $80(usd) with free shipping on ebay. Which is an ok price. Then there's Star Trek Voyager, which is going for about $125 on ebay. My price range is $50-$70 for each complete series. Are there any sites out there that I might have better luck? I've only found ebay and mercari that has a chance of finding those prices.

2. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    For that price range and those sites, you're either going to get used or bootleg copies.

3. There Be Whales Here

There Be Whales Here Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree with the above and you have to be very, very careful as Amazon and Ebay are rife with bootleg boxsets, especially if the price seems too good to be true. I bought TNG online for what seemed a reasonable price at the time; only for about a fourth of the episodes to be unplayable on a second viewing. I had the same issue with the B5 box set and with the DS9 series it started freezing and chunking up on the very first viewing of the very first episode and I had to send them back and get a refund from Ebay when the seller didn't respond.

One way to tell a bootleg, other than then it paralyzing your player, is the writing on the discs is misspelled saying something like "Starr Trekk" or similar. Unfortunately, you can't tell till it's too late and even if it can be proven to be genuine copies definitely don't expect a good deal as the Powers-That-Be have been gouging the fans for quite some time now on DVD box sets. Even if legit, used discs suffer the same issues as most previous owners don't exactly handle them with kid gloves.

To me, the technology of DVDs is too prone to fragility anyway and they wear out just as a matter of course even if there's no visible scratches or damage. I'll never buy a box set again and if I want to watch older shows I'll either do it on Netflix, Amazon Prime, rent the discs from the public library or just download them from a peer-to-peer site.

4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Just a reminder that this cannot be discussed here. Thank you.

5. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do yourself a favor and don't get the Deep Space Nine set I got. It came in a long case and it is a pain to deal with and I can't watch them on all the TV sets we have.