Do you think we might see enterprise under Pike on the show?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Jayson1, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would be a fun way to connect the show to what has become before. I got to admit I like this idea better than using Archer which is something I have heard might happen at some point. I wouldn't even mind seeing a another actor playing a young Spock. It could be anything from a cameo to maybe even a backdoor pilot for a spinoff if the current show is a success.

Jason

2. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see Pike's Enterprise in this. But it does create the problem of "small universe syndrome." The galaxy is a big place. Unless there's a real need for the Enterprise and Discovery to cross paths, why?

Nyotarules likes this.
  3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

No thanks.

Jinn likes this.
  4. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

Heck, I'll just take Pike's voyages, completely TOS-style, with Spock as his Science Officer, as a complete substitute for whatever the STD is going to be. That would actually be amazing. Not a reboot, but a fill-in-the-blank with many years of fantastic adventures in a familiar setting.

C57D likes this.
  5. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think we all agree that if they do use Pike and the enterprise it must adhere to the established canon of Pike's tenure as captain that we saw in the "Early Voyages" comic that ran back I think in the late 90's. Every charter in that comic must also be used such as the engineer that i think was asexual and the wierd looking alien com officer. :)

Jason

6. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Early Voyages is not canon.

7. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

I am not sure if you're kidding, but just in case you aren't: Only movies and episodes from the shows are canon, though I'd love to see the EV crew appearing in DSC.
    Moves-With-Burning-Grace and Nano. What makes you think that Grace was asexual?

8. JonVP

JonVP Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If DSC is a success ratings wise, my guess is that a next series will be probably be a spin-off following the Enterprise under the command of Pike. Setting it in the same universe and time period would be the logical next step. But I don't think Pike or the Enterprise will be part of DSC.

9. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Sooner or later we'll see Pike, Spock, Kirk and everybody.

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would have to be sooner, because I don't see the show lasting long enough otherwise.

somebuddyX and BillJ like this.
  11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

You're going to be sorely disappointed then.

12. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'm doubtful that we'll see Pike, but we may hear him mentioned in a throwaway line somewhere. As far as the Enterprise, I tend to think she's's more likely to pop up on screen in an episode, but she'll probably look very different than she did in TOS and more like something designed in 2017, but with some nods to the original Jefferies design.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

If any TOS references turn up, they're probably more likely to show the Farragut disaster, but we take what we can get...

14. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Is it too late in the timeline to see Robert April on the Enterprise.

KennyB and Lieut. Arex like this.
  15. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Yes.

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

My instinct would be to do that a couple seasons down the road, after DISCOVERY has forged its own identity. Kinda like the way TNG largely held off from bringing in characters like Spock or Sarek until TNG was standing on its own two legs.

(Aside, of course, from McCoy's torch-passing cameo in "Encounter at Farpoint.")

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Markonian likes this.
  17. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I don't think CBS's target audience for this show is going to know or care who Robert April is.

Nyotarules likes this.
  18. midnightz

midnightz Lieutenant Red Shirt

If the show is about the battle at Donatu V then I think we might get a mention/glimpse of the Enterprise launch as this happened in the same year, but I don't think Pike will feature...

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

We know exactly sod-all about April's career after his command of the Enterprise, so if DSC does anything with him, they pretty much have carte blanche to do whatever they want. They'll only do something if there's a story to be had from it.

That said: Michael Palin as April. I called it. :techman:

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Memory Alpha has April commanding the Enterprise from 2245-2250. We could see the tail end of his time onboard.

Then it wouldn't hurt to feature him. The target audience wouldn't know him from anyone else they put on the big E if it is shown and it's the pre-Pike era.