Do you think that Jaylah....

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Dales, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

Will join the Enterprise crew at the end of the film. Judging from the trailer she comes off as a grey character. I have a feeling that at the end of the film she will be invited by Kirk to be part of the Enterprise crew.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

A definite maybe.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I don't think so.

BillJ likes this.
  4. ISS Enterprise

ISS Enterprise Commander Red Shirt

Nah.... she would have to go to the academy to serve I would think n they never pu aliens on planets they visted/saved and made part of part of the crew

Kirk will just hook up w her n move onto the next mission LOL

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It's possible. They're certainly giving her a prominent role in the film, judging by the trailers. Of course, Carol Marcus looked like a sure thing to join the crew after STiD, and was an existing character with ties to Kirk to boot, and nothing came of that.

6. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the end of the film, Jaylah will reveal that her face paint is just a mask, and will pull it off to reveal she's really Carol Marcus.

DaddlerTheDalek, Zonker and Kor like this.
  7. Locutus of Bored

And she would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those meddlin' kids!

saddestmoon, DaddlerTheDalek and Kor like this.
  8. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe she could be part of enlisted personnel.
    The Academy is to become an officer, right?

Kor

9. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

I was disappointed Carol did not return for various reasons. I would have loved to see her conversations with uhura because it would have be nice to see uhura talk to another female officer or form a close friendship with a female officer like Dr Crusher and Deanna Troi from TNG and I would have loved to see what would have come of the kirk and carol relationship in this timeline.

Jaylah looks kind of promising from the trailer. She does not look good or evil and to be honest she comes off as an anti-hero which is why I think she may be giving an invitation to join the crew in the end

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I tend to think she'll stay behind and lead the alien community once the Swarm is chased away.

11. TwoJakes

TwoJakes Commander Red Shirt

For enlisted there's still training, several months or even years depending on the specialty.

12. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And Kirk will get her telephone number. Or is that the next movie?

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chief O'Brien, Simon Tarses, and Tal Celes are all enlisted personnel who went to the Academy.

14. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I thought O'Brien didn't go to the Academy. When Worf was shouting orders at the enlisted types in DS9, O'Brien got him to calm down by pointing out they hadn't been to the Academy, so therefore not the best of the best.

15. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Sure, why not?

16. Locutus of Bored

Depends on if you want to take Bashir making a reference to O'Brien attending the Academy as a mistake that should be dismissed out of hand or find a way to explain it:

Julian Bashir once remarked that O'Brien had attended Starfleet Academy in "Trials and Tribble-ations", which is a training school for commissioned officers and not noncoms. Ronald D. Moore remarked, "This is a mistake, plain and simple. If you want to rationalize it, I suppose we could say that the enlisted training program also takes place at the Academy." (AOL chat, 1998) The idea of Starfleet Academy training enlisted personnel was also backed up by statements of Simon Tarses in "The Drumhead".
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Miles_O'Brien

Personally, I like the explanation that officer and enlisted applicants all attend basic training at the Academy together, then enlisted personnel go off to the Academy's separate advanced individual training school for instruction in their chosen specialty (engineering in O'Brien's case and medical technician training in Tarses' case), while officer candidates head off to the more formal and well-rounded four-year Academy program.

jamestyler and Kor like this.
  17. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd have to guess she'll stay at Yorktown in some capacity or part company with everyone and go her own way. I'd think her fate depends on if she's associated with the Franklin in any way (e.g. crew, passenger, or even prisoner) or if not, how she ended up on that planet with Krall. (I'm doubting it's her home world -- but who knows, really.)

18. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

Cheers for that! I don't think I'd read such a quote before (unless it was in the big SD9 book - there's a LOT in there to remember it all!).

I like the idea as well. Though in my head it's basic for everyone - then officers go to the Academy program and then enlisted bugger off to an assignment and learn a trade on the job as a crewman just for a clearer delineation between the two.

Annoyingly though - mostly all subjective due to Trek largely being an officers only club :/

Locutus of Bored likes this.
  19. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The actual line she gives while talking to Scotty is:

Jaylah: "I know why you're here -- why we are all here!... to find the species 'humpbacked whale'. Those Swarm guys really hate whales."

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

She'll probably stay at Yorktown to... rebuild something... or whatever.