Do You Think Chalan Aroya was a Changeling

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

and transmitted the can't-hold-my-shape disease to Odo to force him back to be "judged"

BTW, she was pretty hot:techman:

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Garak was right... a crime was committed. That girl was practically throwing herself at Odo. Can't say she was a changeling though... more important people to replace than a restaurant owner.

3. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

How so? She'd get to meet everybody, and would provide vital information on what injuries O'Brien last collected while kayaking, what Bashir ate, and what Kira and Odo argued about - information without which Founders could not assume the shape of O'Brien, Bashir, Kira or Odo.

Yup, I'm convinced she transmitted the "disease". But she need not have been a Founder in order to do that. (Indeed, had she been a Founder, she would supposedly have been at risk herself, too!) I rather doubt she even knew what role she played in the games of the Founders; contaminating her with the "disease" could be done quite covertly and without her noticing.

Timo Saloniemi

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Wow, gives a whole new meaning to STD. ;)

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I doubt that. The Female Changeling helped Odo get marginally better while on board Defiant by linking with him, so (IMO) it's reasonable to assume that whatever they did to him was not a risk to other Changelings.

6. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Why would the source of the disease even have to take humanoid shape?

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Since we never saw her again, my guess is that she was just a plot device for the episode she was in, and nothing more.

8. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

On the other hand, odds are that the station was teeming with Dominion agents at the time: Changelings who held on to one fake identity, Changelings who constantly hopped from shape to shape, Solids working for the Dominion cause. Having a dedicated "disease vector" appear in one episode and then disappear would be fitting indeed.

Timo Saloniemi