Disneyland Star wars MASSIVE CONTINENT

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by teacake, Nov 6, 2015.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://hellogiggles.com/closing-disneyland-star-wars-land/

No, it is not all roller coasters.

I got to go to the weenie proto-SW section of Disneyland this year and OMFG. It was awesome. Okay of course you are in line for one hour and the "ride" is 5 minutes but would you do this for a REAL Trek level holodeck? Yes you would. Because that is what it was like, if you squinted. And even better than the ride itself was all the stuff swirling around it like that while you were waiting you were in a freaking spaceport with a massive departures screen to varying SW destinations in varying languages..

There was also a Jedi training academy for younglings. Vader ASCENDED from.. somewhere and fought them. It was cool. Unfortunately I think you had to be under 12 so I did not qualify.

There were stormtroopers everywhere.

As you can see from this article they are closing a bunch of boring old crap (the old stuff there was frankly embarrassing) and the NEW STAR WARS SECTION is going to be their biggest ever expansion. On 14 acres.

Waiting in line at the Spaceport, the screen would turn over to english as well.

[​IMG]

Travel ads!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Youngling training, the podium in the center rises up from below.

[​IMG]

Look at this adorable youngling :lol:

[​IMG]

(too bad Anakin is going to kill them all :( )

Couldn't take pics of the actual ride/experience but I bet it is secretly on youtube somewhere. You are strapped into your seat and there are four different destinations you can go to..

2. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad you had a good time. Star Tours is quite fun. By December the preview center for the Star Wars 'land' in WDW should be open - hopefully there's good content out at that point for all the new rides.

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

My sincerest hope is that they turn most of the moribund Hollywood Studios into Star Wars Land. WDW is about an hour and a half away, so that would be very cool to have something so close.

4. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

I went on Star Tours last year, and all I remember is a friend of mine shouting out "We'll fit! We'll fit! We'll fit!" (a la Star Trek Into Darkness) as we barreled through a narrow canyon. :lol:

5. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I think a lot of the backlot area will become 'Star Wars Land' - that's a big chunk of space.

6. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

It is, and seeing as the Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster wing are the only other major draws, there really is nothing holding them back.

They could bump the entrance out - taking over the Indiana Jones, Backlot tour, Sounds Dangerous™ and the Muppet 3/D areas.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I almost puked in Tower of Terror.

Actually "I almost puked" describes a lot of my Disneyland experience.