Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Tuskin38, Feb 12, 2019.
This is going to be a cool episode just for the title alone.
Culber looks like he's been through he ringer!
Is it possible that this is the MU Culber?
Section 31 being interested in Spock: I don't think that's going to bode well at all!
As with Culber, I think he's some kind of "image" and not the real (or MU - which is also real) one.
For some reason image 1 looked like Burnham was holding a beer, at first.
His uniform isn't dark and edgy enough.
His uniform boots also have the Starfleet delta not the Terran Imperial shield.
Ah you're right.
Also he's in the wrong uniform, he should be wearing white.
Is it going to be about phantom pass interference non-calls?
Wow. Major spoiler in the pics. Can't wait to see the 'why', 'how' and 'who'.
- People were concerned about Section 31 being too official, but here we see Georgiou arrived in a medical transport, which suggests subterfuge.
- I suppose we're about to find out just how much Pike knows about last season's events. Previously, he suggested that he knew what happened to Lorca. How much does he know? Does he know about Georgiou?
- Here, we see a very different-looking Discovery. Is this place a kind of memory palace, a visual metaphor for the mycelial network? Or is this merely the part of Discovery we saw dipped into mycelial soup in last week's preview?
- Stamets and Mat almost appear to be looking at and reacting to each other. This might be nothing, or maybe the others can see her now.
- How will Georgiou's arrival fit with the journey into the network?
- Are Tilly and May stepping off the same platform that was used to eject the tardigrade into space last season?
- What does Culber's uniform tell us about him? It's not his usual. His appearance also dispels the idea that Culber's return will be easy or inconsequential. He doesn't appear to be some being of pure energy, which I think is a good thing.
- As a big fan of Stamets/Culber, his returning on Valentine's Day is just perfect.
Ugh, section 31.
Agreed; totally looks like a beer bottle. But when I first read your post I thought you said Burnham was holding a bear.
I imagined a teddy bear, and it was adorable!
In pictures 4 and 5 (and the one of Culber) you can see schmutz on the walls.
Probably from May's "upside down" realm.
I searched way too long for 'Major Spoiler' on Memory alpha before I realized that 'Major' is not a Starfleet rank...
really what is culber wearing though? the MU uniform is a black jumpsuit, but this is clearly a jacket and pants like the blue standard duty uniform except it doesn't appear to have the shiny deltas running up the sides...
Spoiler and Kira came up together in the Bajoran Militia, they were always neck-and-neck in advancement, until Kira finally edged Spoiler out in the seventh season of DS9 and got promoted to Colonel.
Looks like the tactical landing party uniform. They used it on Pahvo. But I dont think they ever showed Dr. Culber in one.
that was my thought too but those are also jumpsuits, not two-piece outfits like this one. but it's possible they're doing the whole invisible zipper thing they did in TNG where jumpsuits miraculously became jackets and pants (see: "ensign ro").
Culber in season 1 only ever wore the white medical uniform.
Well I did put spoilers in the thread title :P
Separate names with a comma.