"Digital Copy" Problems?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Devon, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with getting the Digital Copy for the new film, specifically the iTunes copy?

I do what it says, I get a brief screen saying about "iTunes will launch and guide you through the necessary steps" before going to "Unknown error occurred. Try again later."

When I click on the help button, it brings me to Paramount's Digital Copy support screen which is still for G.I. Joe!

Is anyone else having this problem?

2. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you post a screenshot, I might be able to see what the error means.

It looks like QuickTime may have crashed on your computer, or the software used to install/extract the Digital Copy.

3. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe since it isn't the official release day, you can't get the digital copy yet?

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

My digital copy problem is that I hate digital copies.
    I downloaded my digital copy to my desktop and ported it to my laptop.

Well, it doesn't work. It's not like I can do anything about it, my laptop doesn't have an optical drive. This is ridiculous. Whomever came up with Digital Copy as a solution needs a swift kick in the rear.

J.

5. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I'll give it a whirl on my MacBook when I pick it up (just out of curiosity, though, as I can't imagine wanting to watch this on anything other than my PS3 hooked up to my HD projector).

6. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I lost my hard drive last Christmas and was able to transfer the digital copies onto my new one... via my iPod and some nice software, but it still worked! Are you using iTunes or Windows Media Player for it?

7. Spiderpope

Spiderpope Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I had an issue with the digital copy as well. When attempting to install it for Windows Media player, it told me i needed a security upgrade and directed me to the website to download it.
    However said site didnt work correctly, with the upgrade button greyed out and unclickable. Eventually figured out how to get it working:

Apparently, Microsoft in their infinite wisdom, decided to fix the gaping security holes in Internet Explorer by blocking pretty much everything, including the script to begin the download of the upgrade. So if anyone else is having difficulty, simply go into the options for Internet Explorer and turn off its security and it should work.

8. Amaris

I used the Windows Media Player version.

J.

9. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

You have to DOWNLOAD the digital copy? I didn't know that, I thought it was on the disc? What point is there to have a third disc if the digital copy isn't on it?

10. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

I had a problem, but then I tried a different computer and it worked. I think it is related to not having completely up to date iTunes software. Try updating your software.

11. Spiderpope

Spiderpope Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

As far as the Media player version, it is indeed on the disc. All that is downloaded is the verification required to actually access the information.
    iTunes version i cant comment on.

12. Campe

iTunes copy is on the disc as well. It does make you logon to your account and does say "Downloading" but my disc drive was moving the whole time.

13. Campe

In all honesty, that might be why. Now that I'm thinking back to it, the on Digital Copy that I couldn't get back was Die Hard With a Vengeance and that was for WMP only. I'm not entirely sure why it would be but take it up with Microsoft.

14. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

I assume it'll only work with QT Pro, or will the standard version do as well?

15. Amaris

Doh! I knew I should have went with iTunes! :lol:

J.

16. AnyStar

AnyStar Captain Captain

lol, i got my copy nearly 3 months ago in an EMAIL...

17. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My ipod wont play it. No idea why. This is my first experience with digital copies. Maybe it's my ipod ?

18. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

Just torrent the damn thing. You've paid for it, haven't you?

19. Amaris

If he lives in the United States, it's not legal to do so. Even if you own it.

J.

20. Clancy_s

Clancy_s Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's heavily drm'd, you might have skipped an authentification step somewhere.