Dexter Renewed

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Looks like show time have renewed Dexter for 2 more seasons.

Great news. I just hope they can keep up the quality, because it's up there with my favourite TV shows ever.

2. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Hooray! More Dexter, please. Yes.

:D

3. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

WOO HOO! Thanks Showtime!

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm half way through S1.

One of the best shows I've ever seen.

5. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

Still yet to see anything further than a few random eps from season 2, but I'm going to catch up on these DVDs for sure. Excited to hear it's going to stick around for more.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Not shocking news.

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Glad to hear it. Dexter is one of my favorite television shows EVER.

8. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good news indeed:D

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I hope they can keep the quality up, this show is truly wonderful

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Five seasons at least, huh? That's one or two more seasons than I thought the premise could be stretched to, but now, I dunno, I think they can do it. Six should be the limit, tho. Want it to go out on a high note. The danger is being repetitive. I noticed it a little as of S2, so it's only going to get worse.

Deb should find out the truth about Dexter but not until the season finale cliffhanger going into the second to last season at the earliest. Maybe they should wait till the last season.

11. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, season 3 has been all kinds of excellent so far - the standard is as high as ever. I think they can keep it up for another couple of years.

:D

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'm happy to see this renewed, but I wish it would be with a notice that it has a limited life, too. I'm greatly worried that it will outlive its welcome and become repetitive.

But, then again, I've only seen the first season thus far and loved every minute of it.

13. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Great news! I'm glad to see Dexter will be around for a while longer. I really wish I got Showtime; this is one I have to catch up with on DVD. At the same time, it's definitely the kind of show that's fun to watch 3 or 4 or 5 episodes in a row of so I don't necessarily mind waiting for DVD.

14. Quo Vadimus

Quo Vadimus Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yea! I just got through season one so I am looking forward to more Dexter!

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Isn't Dexter also Showtimes highest rated show? :p

16. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good news! Hopefully season 5 will be it's last.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Good news. :)

18. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a bit mixed. Though I love this show, & season three has been just as entertainingly taught, & sharp, which makes me glad it's got a solid 24 more episodes to shoot,

I'm also reticent about the tension. It's the tension of him walking a very fine line between becoming overly humanized, & tripping up & getting caught, that keeps the show edgy

The show's edginess lives & dies on Dex living on the edge. If they can keep that concept fresh for five separate season arcs, then more power to them, because they'll have a better imagination than I do, for sure

It truly would be an impressive feat

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Yep, the season 3 pilot got over 3 million viewers, I guess airing it on CBS helped.

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah they'll keep renewing it forever. It will be up to the producers to call it quits at the right time.

Other than Deb Finds Out the Truth (which would require beaucoup setup to be plausible and not have her immediately turn Dex in, and shouldn't happen till towards the end of the show's run) they could also try a plotline where Dex genuinely tries to get himself some medical help. A shrink is probably too little, too late, but how about heavy-duty anti-psychotic drugs? It probably wouldn't work, but he should at least give it a shot. It would allow for another plotthread that they haven't tried yet. For starters, he'd have to keep his medical treatment secret from everyone, which might be tricky since he'd be using his insurance from work...