"Destination: Outer Space" poster is here!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Euphoria, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Captain Euphoria

Captain Euphoria Commander Red Shirt

The poster for my newest 1950s-style B-movie "Destination: Outer Space" has finally arrived from the insanely talented artist TheDarkCloak (www.thedarkcloak.com)! Needless to say, I am REALLY happy. This one is my big tribute to both Trek and Star Wars. Hope you like it! The big world premiere is on May 25th (for those who don't know, the exact date the original Star Wars was released in '77) in the Twin Cities. For more info, check out my website at www.sainteuphoria.com! The film even has a great cameo by TrekBBS regular OmahaStar!

[​IMG]

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Love the eyeball guys - reminds me of Robot Monster. :techman: :lol:

3. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Woah, is that Shannon in the center, in the white dress? It sure looks like her.

Awesome poster. It's going to look fabu hanging on my wall! :D

4. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

So, the Residents are the house band? :)

5. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Oh, man, I so dig this kind of stuff. :techman:

6. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

The trailer gave me a hearty chuckle. I may have to check this out.

7. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Have you seen any of the previous movies Chris has done? If you stop by Planet Comicon tomorrow, I can probably talk your ear off about them.

1 - Monster from Phantom Lake (beginning, in the 1950s)
    2 - It Came From Another World (sequel)
    3 - Cave Women on Mars (sequel set in the far off 1980s)
    4 - Terror From Beneath the Earth (sequel to #2, prequel to #3)
    5 - Destination: Outer Space (sequel to #3)

The first two are on Netflix, and well worth it. The first one is my favorite of the original four.

And before anyone gets scared about how many movies there are, you can see any of them without having seen any of the others, and enjoy it. When I say sequels I don't mean it like Star Trek II to Star Trek III, where it's a direct continuation and you have to watch one to get the other. They're loose sequels, mostly self-contained with some references to the other films in the verse.

8. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ I shall indeed be at Planet Comicon tomorrow. :cool:

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I suspect she's awake and likes being carried.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I have this movie on pre-order, and I own all the previous ones; I highly recommend them all for those who love the classic B&W Drive-In movies of the good old-days. They're all very amusing, but not quite in the way of Lost Skeleton Of Cadavra (which I also love). These movies, beyond the comedy and gentle satire, have real stories and the characters are treated respectfully. From the sweet and awkward romance of the first movie to the guy who will stop at nothing to save his kids in the last one, they are all characters you can care about.

And the casting is really good, too. The guy who plays Dr Jackson (and his descendent) is hilarious. There's one actor who plays two very different parts in a couple of movies and I almost didn't know it was the same guy. And the women from Mars are all incredible. There's not a badly cast part in any of these movies; they're all very distinctive character-actor types, just like in the best of the old movies.

I can't wait till this new one comes out; it looks great. :bolian:

11. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Looks great. I'll have to check these out.

12. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I have Cave Women on Mars on DVD. It's pretty good. I've been meaning to check out the other "Mihmiverse" films. Destination: Outer Space looks like fun!

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've got to say that the "Lost Skeleton Of Cadavra" came up with possibly the best parody line ever. Delivered deadpan (of course):

"I'm a scientist. I don't believe in anything."

14. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

:lol:

15. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

H'm, I wonder.

Oh well.

16. Captain Euphoria

Captain Euphoria Commander Red Shirt

Admittedly, I love "Lost Skeleton..." as well but, I purposely don't go down the same road with my films. Whereas LSOC makes a point to be as absurdly bad as it can possibly be, I actually want to make GOOD films -- by 1950s standards, if you know what I mean. Basically I want to continue a style that I am absolutely infatuated with, that being 1950s sci-fi and horror, which isn't as polished or even as scary (or wow-inducing) as today's stuff. I, instead, strive for as much authenticity as possible while not being a complete slave to it. There are TONS of references in my films to modern sci-fi and horror. Heck, every one of my movies has a Ghostbusters reference in it. I wonder, OmahaStar, can you name them all?