Deleted scene descriptions!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Feb 26, 2014.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for sharing that. :techman:

3. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks KD.

4. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

5. F. King Daniel

Fantastic!! :D :D :techman:

6. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Wunderbar, thanks!!

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

8. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They may be canon, but apparently, they're also waaaaay itty-bitty if they can fit inside a guy's office!

``It can hold a crew of thousandths!''

``Or a crew of a thousand ten microns tall!''

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  9. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I so wish I had seen that Constitution on the big screen.

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

What is this? A starship for ants?!

11. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Pike scene would've endeared me to Kirk more in this movie. He doesn't listen to anyone. Pike tells him that, and then he goes against the advice of Spock, Bones, and Scotty. The "it's out of my hands" seems like the most ridiculous demotion and promotion in Star Trek history--Captain...to the Academy?...to First officer...Back to Captain. It's literally 17 minutes in the movie where he goes through 4 ranks. At least make it 3 and let me think he's chewing on what Pike said to him. There better be a payoff in the arc of the next film, honoring what Pike said to become a better man, or this is just a character I do not like.

12. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm intrigued by the use of the name "John Erickson" in this clip. Mid-production name change for Khan's cover identity, I guess?

13. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I was thinking the same thing. It'll be interesting watching the film again to look for overdubs whenever his name is said. Maybe that's why Weller has that weird, "John Harry Son" delivery in one scene? ;)

14. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The extended scene with Uhura and the klingons is interesting but only further shows that she's (possibly the most) a competent officer there. Her bravery and control makes a nice contrast with the bit, later, when she shows concern and fear as the klingons are essentially saying that they will execute them (and she's the only one who understands because she speaks the language) and then they kill one of the red shirts.
    It looks like they cut some bits to cover a bit the fact that Kirk seems to screw things up with his impulsive behavior (e.g, by interrupting the moment with the klingons.. you can hear Uhura saying 's**t' when he gets outside to "save her') and later Uhura, Spock and the security officer are forced to surrender because their captain is captured, and only then Khan saves the day.

15. F. King Daniel

Yep. Erickson was Khan's name in an early draft of "Space Seed". They shot ID with that name, then decided it was too much of a giveaway and dubbed it in post.

16. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, now we know what happened to at least one red-shirt on Qu'noS. Before both just disappeared.

17. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But why male models?

18. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know who wrote the Klingon in that scene, but it certainly wasn't Marc Okrand. It's been years since I've ever touched Klingon, and I still know that practically none of what that version of Uhura said was Klingon Standard.

"Who fired at my ship?" - should be "DujwIj baHpu' 'Iv?" for example (literally, "ship-my shoot-(past tense) who?") And that's just off the top of my head.

19. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

I would have LOVED to see the constitution class in the movie. I'm sure it would have given all the classic Star Trek fans a much needed buzz, no matter how brief it would be. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first and only time that a constitution class ship, or better still, a TOS TV series constitution class starship has ever been on the big screen?

20. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Closest other instance would be the picture of a TOS-E on the wall of the rec-deck in TMP, I guess?