deg3D_Star Trek Teaser (Enterprise)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by deg3D, Nov 9, 2008.

1. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Well, since I thought the Star Trek XI trailer would be online last Friday (as rumor has it to be attached to the Quantum of Solace release), it appears not to be up online yet (probably to add to the box-office draw of QOS for a while longer).

So I decided to make my own quickie teaser then. Hope you like. :D

Click on links to play animation(s).

720p @ 11 MB

480p @ 7 MB

360p @ 5 MB

[​IMG]

deg

It's only a model. - Patsy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  2. GilmourD

GilmourD Commander Red Shirt

3. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Needs more sombrero.

4. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice work.

Ship looks good.

:techman:

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Very nice...very nice. What program(s) did you use?

6. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Thanks much guys, glad you like, even if she doesn't have enough sombreros. ;)

I use(d) modo, LightWave (for hyperspace efx), and the Adobe Production Premium Suite for the post work.

deg

7. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't believe we're still on the sombreros. It stopped being funny after a week, let alone 6 months.

Anyway, great vid. Although I think the lighting could be improved a bit.

8. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Thanks dude. :D

As to the lighting, it's a subjective taste, can't please all the peeps all the time thing, but as I always appreciate another set of eyes, let me know what you feel can be improved and I'll keep it under advisement for the future. ;)

deg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  9. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't get me wrong I think it's a really nicely composed vid and the animation works really well.

I just think the ship itself looks a bit flat and 2D, with the light coming from all angles etc... - slightly harsher shadows would help I think. Have a look at similar canon warp sequences. Not saying make half of the ship in darkness, but a bit of shadow work would go a long way I reckon.

10. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

I hear ya, and I am having some "wash out" issues with contrast dealing with the H.264 codec that I am still working out. I will update when resolved, but it will not be all that much, as I (obviously) like the lighting myself.

Plus at this point, it would all have to be done it post, as I am not re-rendering anything as it took two-three days as is. My bussards' efx, when up that close, takes like an hour+ a frame to render. At 29.97 FPS, that adds up quick.

Thanks for the input, always appreciated. :D

deg