Deep Space 9

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Thanos007, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Thanos007

Thanos007 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I had watched all of TNG live and found it was entertaining but no match for TOS. I had a hard time watching it after it ended it was just so .... meh. I had also watched the first two seasons of DS9 and found it very disappointing and stopped after the second season and was very dismissive of it. Watched the first couple of episodes of Voyager and found it to be pretty bad.

So a few months ago I rediscovered my love of Star Trek and resolved to watch everything in order. I would watch TNG up to the point DS9 began and then alternate episodes, same for Voyager.

Jesus Christ...DS9 is so good! Seriously OMG. I just finished the final episode and so bitter sweet. Like a chapter in MY life had closed like it had for the characters. Just no comparison to TNG. The evolving story, the character development, the sweep it is just great. Epic in a way TNG never was.

TOS will always be number one in my heart because it was my first and it meant a lot to me growing up but God damn is DS9 great. Really blown away. Kirk vs Picard? Phhst. Kirk vs Sisko.

kkt, PSGarak, Seven of Five and 2 others like this.
  2. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

It was great back then, and it seems to have just gotten better with age, especially with the ability now to binge it with some of the serialization it uses.

You might want to have a more specific thread title here, but yes, it's an amazing show!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    kkt likes this.